TheLivingTreasure Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Guru Granth Doctrine > Shri Guru Granth Sahib
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quotes from shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quotes from shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji
    Posted: 25February2009 at 6:13pm

'O my mind Thou are the embodiment of light, know the Essence'

'O my mind the Loud is ever with thee; thought the guru's Word enjoy His love'

'Knowing thy essence thou knowest thy Lord; and knowest thou the mystery of birth and death.

SGGS ung 441
Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27February2009 at 2:43pm
That mouth which praises the Lord continually is blessed and beautiful.
O Nanak, those faces shall be radiant in the Court of the True Lord. ||2||

Guru Nanak Dev Ji.
Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji page 473
Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

gurbachan2007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gurbachan2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28February2009 at 4:54am

ਬਿਲਾਵਲੁ ਮਹਲਾ
बिलावलु महला ५ ॥
Bilāval mėhlā 5.
Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl:

ਕਵਨੁ ਕਵਨੁ ਨਹੀ ਪਤਰਿਆ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਰੀ ਪਰਤੀਤਿ
कवनु कवनु नही पतरिआ तुम्हरी परतीति ॥
Kavan kavan nahī paṯri▫ā ṯumĥrī parṯīṯ.
Who? Who has not fallen, by placing their hopes in you?

ਮਹਾ ਮੋਹਨੀ ਮੋਹਿਆ ਨਰਕ ਕੀ ਰੀਤਿ ॥੧॥
महा मोहनी मोहिआ नरक की रीति ॥१॥
Mahā mohnī mohi▫ā narak kī rīṯ. ||1||
You are enticed by the great enticer - this is the way to hell! ||1||

ਮਨ ਖੁਟਹਰ ਤੇਰਾ ਨਹੀ ਬਿਸਾਸੁ ਤੂ ਮਹਾ ਉਦਮਾਦਾ
मन खुटहर तेरा नही बिसासु तू महा उदमादा ॥
Man kẖuthar ṯerā nahī bisās ṯū mahā uḏmāḏā.
O vicious mind, no faith can be placed in you; you are totally intoxicated.
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03March2009 at 11:20pm
Dayv-Gandhaaree, Fifth Mehl:

Turn away, O my mind, turn away.
Turn away from the faithless cynic.
False is the love of the false one; break the ties, O my mind, and your ties shall be broken. Break your ties with the faithless cynic. ||1||Pause||

Guru Arjan Dev ji - Dayv-Gandhaaree - Ang 535

Khoji

urvinder singh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urvinder singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10March2009 at 6:53am

Guru Arjan Dev Ji Saying in Sukhmani Sahib Ji;

"Chaar Padarath Je Ko Maange
Saadh Jana Ki Sewa Laage."
according to Guru Granth Sahib Ji There Are Four Padaraths;
1.Dharam- Serve for Humanity,Love to all is a Real Dharam.
2.Arth- Spread the message of every shabad of Guru Granth Sahib to Every people of any Religion.
3.Kaam- It means "Iccha". The first Target of Sikh is to maintain our capabilities and they mature about what can we do for us or people. the real sikh serves in every field like Education. if we are educated we start for serve our abilities to those childrens who have no money for admissions in the schools.
yes, this is the sewa. ehi honi chahidi hai saadi Iccha. asin help kariye ohna Baccheyan di jehde Schools vich Admissions nahin le paande.
4.Mokh- it means to avoid all Show-offs. I didn't know about Mokh but according to these three points DHARAM,ARTH,KAAM. if we reach these three things very accurately we reach to Mokh easily.
Means- uppar ditte hoye meanings de mutabiq jadd asin Dharam , arth, kaam vich jo kujh vi keeta hai asin mokh vich usnu practically karna hai. je asin Humanity di sewa Krde haan Taan according to Mokh Saanu Dikhaava Nahin Karna Ki eh Sewa Meri Hai Jaa Mere walon Keeti Gayi hai.
If we do these we are going to right path.

if I sharing This Tukk anything wrong with LT pls give me Sorry.     

Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18March2009 at 2:14am

SHALOK, SECOND MEHL:

Some people have others, but I am forlorn and dishonored; I have only You, Lord. I might as well just die crying, if You will not come into my mind. || 1 ||

SECOND MEHL:
When there is peace and pleasure, that is the time to remember your Husband Lord. In times of suffering and pain, remember Him then as well. Says Nanak, O wise bride, this is the way to meet your Husband Lord. || 2 ||

PAUREE:
I am a worm how can I praise You, O Lord; Your glorious greatness is so great! You are inaccessible, merciful and unapproachable; You Yourself unite us with Yourself. I have no other friend except You; in the end, You alone will be my Companion and Support. You save those who enter Your Sanctuary.. O Nanak, He is care-free; He has no greed at all. || 20 ||

(Page: 791)

Khoji

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urvinder singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18March2009 at 5:48am
Jot(i)oha jugat(i) sai sahi Kaia pher paltiai.
Means- They Shared the one Light and the same way;
The King just Changed his body. Ang 966 of sri guru granth sahib jee. Smile  Smile Smile Smile  Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile  Smile Smile Smile Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urvinder singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18March2009 at 5:57am
"Agya Bhai Akaal ki Tabhe Chalayo panth;
Sabh Sikhhan ko Hukam hai, Guru Maanyo Granth.
Means- This is a order given by A great God That if you Believe in me(Gyaan) then you Will go On a Right Paath. Same order Give to all those peoples who believe in me(gyaan) are Great Worshippers and believe in guru Granth Sahib ji. Smile Smile Smile Clap Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gurbachan2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21March2009 at 2:25am
Dear Urvinder Ji
Arth da meaning oh nahi jo tusi mention keeta hai.
Arth do meaning hai apne te apnr parivar nu palan vaste kamaee da jariya
eh world arthshastr (economics) to laiya gaya hai
Gurbani says
ਪੰਨਾ 805, ਸਤਰ 19
ਅਰਥ ਧਰਮ ਕਾਮ ਮੋਖ ਕਾ ਦਾਤਾ ॥
अरथ धरम काम मोख का दाता ॥
Arath ḏẖaram kām mokẖ kā ḏāṯā.
He is the Giver of wealth, Dharmic faith, pleasure and liberation.
ਮਃ 5   -  view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok
gurbani nu khoj khoj ke reading karan nall patta chalda hai  ki eh jo char pdarthan da  jikar  hai gurbani vich eh kashi mat de char padharth han.
Gurmat de char padharh han
Gyan padharth
janam padarth
mukat padarth
Naam padarth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urvinder singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21March2009 at 4:33am
Te Phir Gurbachan Ji Eh Dharam,Arth,Kaam,Mokh Eh Kehde Padarth Hun. Can you Reply me ji. Te Eh Padarth Kithon Laye Gaye Hun.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gurbachan2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21March2009 at 6:39am
Urvinder Ji, jistra ki asi pehle reply vich dasiaa si eh char padarth kashi mat vich ,matlab ki  hindu dharam granthan vich ehna da jikar keeta gaya hai. Kashi mat de char padarthan da relation sirf te sirf shareer(body) nall taluk rakhda hai
     Jad ki gurmat de char padarth sirf te sirf soul nall related han.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urvinder singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21March2009 at 10:53am
ok ji, Par Gurbachan ji Asin Taa ehi Sunde Rahe Haan Ki Gurmat Vich Ehi Chaar Padarth Dharam, Arth, Kaam, Mokh Hun.
Es Da Eh Matlab Hai Ki Asin Controversy Vich Pe Rahe Haa. Te Jinna Kol Asin Chaar Padarthan Baare Suneya Hai Ohna Nu vi Ehana da pura Gyaan Nahin. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gurbachan2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21March2009 at 1:53pm
Dear Urvinder Ji
Asi tan seena baseena bahut kuch aisa sunde aa rahe han jo gubani di kasvati tey poora nahee uterda. Misal de tor tey gurbani dee ik tuk tey usda meaning tusi aap hi read karo tey vichar eh karo ki "nirol sach bani" de arth ki eh ho sakdey han ?
ਪੰਨਾ 697, ਸਤਰ 15
ਜਿਨ ਹਰਿ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਬਸਿਓ ਤਿਨ ਮਾਤ ਕੀਜੈ ਹਰਿ ਬਾਂਝਾ ॥
जिन हरि हिरदै नामु न बसिओ तिन मात कीजै हरि बांझा ॥
Jin har hirḏai nām na basi▫o ṯin māṯ kījai har bāʼnjẖā.
The Lord's Name does not abide within their hearts - their mothers should have been sterile.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urvinder singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22March2009 at 1:51am
Yes, you are Right Gurbachan Ji;
Eh Te saanu Khud Dekhna Hai Ki Galat Ki Te Sahi Ki Hai. Saanu Khud Gurbani Nu Khoj Ke Padna Paega.Saanu Apna Kaaj Savaran Layee Es Akaal Purakh Di Baani Nu Khud Dheauna (Simran) Hai Te Dekhna Hai Ki Shabad Naal Us da Meaning mail Kar Paunda Hai Ke Nahin.
ਜਿਨਿ ਜਿਨਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਕਾਜ ਸਰੇ
जिनि जिनि नामु धिआइआ तिन के काज सरे ॥
Jin jin nām ḏẖi▫ā▫i▫ā ṯin ke kāj sare.
Those who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord-their affairs are all resolved.
Smile Smile Smile Smile  Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gurbachan2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23March2009 at 11:52am
Yes Urvinder Ji

Gurbani nu khoj  khoj ke padna chayida hai.
gurbani nu khoj khoj ke padan nall bahot vaarr aisee navee vastu di khoj hundi hai ki
vismadit ho jaanden han .
jistran kee RAJO TAMO SATO di defination is shabad vichon prapet hundi hai

ਪ੍ਰਥਮੇ ਤਿਆਗੀ ਹਉਮੈ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ
प्रथमे तिआगी हउमै प्रीति ॥
Parathme ṯi▫āgī ha▫umai parīṯ.
First, I renounced my egotistical love of myself.

ਦੁਤੀਆ ਤਿਆਗੀ ਲੋਗਾ ਰੀਤਿ
दुतीआ तिआगी लोगा रीति ॥
Ḏuṯī▫ā ṯi▫āgī logā rīṯ.
Second, I renounced the ways of the world.

ਤ੍ਰੈ ਗੁਣ ਤਿਆਗਿ ਦੁਰਜਨ ਮੀਤ ਸਮਾਨੇ
त्रै गुण तिआगि दुरजन मीत समाने ॥
Ŧarai guṇ ṯi▫āg ḏurjan mīṯ samāne.
Renouncing the three qualities, I look alike upon friend and enemy.

ਤੁਰੀਆ ਗੁਣੁ ਮਿਲਿ ਸਾਧ ਪਛਾਨੇ ॥੨॥
तुरीआ गुणु मिलि साध पछाने ॥२॥
Ŧurī▫ā guṇ mil sāḏẖ pacẖẖāne. ||2||
And then, the fourth state of bliss was revealed to me by the Holy One. ||2||
ਪੰਨਾ 1255, ਸਤਰ 6
ਖੋਜੀ ਉਪਜੈ ਬਾਦੀ ਬਿਨਸੈ ਹਉ ਬਲਿ ਬਲਿ ਗੁਰ ਕਰਤਾਰਾ ॥
खोजी उपजै बादी बिनसै हउ बलि बलि गुर करतारा ॥
Kẖojī upjai bāḏī binsai ha▫o bal bal gur karṯārā.
The seeker comes forth, and the debater dies down; I am a sacrifice, a sacrifice to the Guru, the Creator Lord.
ਮਃ 1   -  view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urvinder singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24March2009 at 7:32am
Dear Gurbachan Ji;
Asin Haume nu Kiven Tyaag Daiye, Gurbani Anusaar Haume Nu Tyaagan Da Matlab Eh Nahin Ki esnu Bilkul Avoid Keeta Jaaye Nahin Esnu Avoid Karan Naal Asin Us Akaalpurakh De Hukam Nu Avoid Kar Rahe Haan.
Saanu Haume Wichon Vi Gun Labhne Chahide Hun Jiven "I am Proud To Be a Sikh". or "I Love The Creature Design By God".
Saanu Haume Vichon Positiveness Nu Dekhna Hai.
For ex;
Jiven Mera Je Kise Naal Jhagra Ho Jaanda Hai (Whether It Is my Friend Or Brother,Sister) Taan Us Waqt Main Us di Haume Nahin Dekhanga Main Eh Dekhanga Ki us Wich Kehde Aise Change Gun(Positives) Hun Jisnu  Leke Main Apni Relations Nu Sohna Banava Te Apne Friends,Brother,Sister Naal Pyaar Wali Relationship Create Karaa.
Mera Ex Share Karan Da Matlab Eh Nahin Ki Main Kisi De andar Avgun Labbhan Di Koshish Kar raheya Haan.
Mera Share Karan Da Matlab Hai Ke Main Apne Andar DI Haume Utte Exercise Karan Layi Kiven Apne Ohna Friends,Brother,Sister Vichon Gun Labbhan Di Koshish Karaan.
Mainu Lag Raheya Hai Main Topic Ton Bahaar Chala Gaya Haan.So,Pls Give Me Sorry For This.Smile Smile  Smile Smile Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urvinder singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24March2009 at 7:36am
Again Sorry To My those Friends,Brother Or Sister.That I hurt.
Je Mere Msg Naal koy Hurt Hoeya Hai Taan Pls Sorry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gurbachan2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25March2009 at 11:32am
Dear Urvinder Ji
Ki  tusi apne reply de first pehre vich haume de bare kahee hoyee gal tey gurbani di stamp laga sakde ho?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urvinder singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26March2009 at 7:20am
Sorry,Main Aap Ji Da Msg Nahin Samajh Pa Reha Ji Aapji Kehdi Gurbani Wali Stamp di Gal Kar Rahe Ji Confused. Je Aap Ji Kisi Gurbani di Tukk Jehdi Haume Naal Relate Kardi Hove Us Baare Keh Rahe Taan gurbani Vich Ek Tukk Hai;
"Haume Naave Naal virodh Hai Doe Na Vashe Ek Thaae".Pls Reply

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gurbachan2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26March2009 at 11:37am
tusi aakhya hai ki "Haume nu avoid karan nall asi us akal purakh de hukam nu avoid kar rahe han"
main eh knowledge lehna chaunda han ,ki sggs di koee tuk is gal nu support kardi hai?
shayd  nahi kardi.
isde vipreet 621 tuks haume nu chadan da updesh dendian han
"satguru di bani sat sat kar janon gursikhon har karta aap muhon kadaye" 
jiven ki tusi tukk code keetee hai
"haume naaven nall ...........................doen na vase ik thaen"
 means ki jis hirdey vich haume hai uthe naam nahin vas sakda.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic