TheLivingTreasure Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Current Affairs > All Current Affairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do today that made you feel good?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23April2009 at 7:12am
I read the following words about selling and felt so proud of myself for living the life I want to live in my business :

" The wisest and the best salesman is always the one who bluntly tells the truth about his article. He looks his prospective customer in the eye and tells his story. That is always impressive. And if he does not sell the first time, he leaves a trail of trust behind. A customer, as a rule, cannot be fooled a second time by some shady or clever talk that does not square with the truth. Not the best talker wins the sale-but the most honest talker… there is something in the look of the eye, the arrangement of words, the spirit of a salesman that immediately compels trust or distrust… being bluntly honest is always safe and best.

The best line was, "Not the best talker wins the sale-but the most honest talker"

After that he wrote , "Honesty is not the best policy, it is the only policy"

In my profession, I am bound to do what is required by the situation, most of the time I m putting water on the burning wood. But in selling, I feel proud that because of me good move, some one makes and I provide the right thing, to the right person, at the right time and at the right price, Just perfect.

I FEEL GOOD ABOUT WHAT I DO (apart from job)
Ur Frnd - Jaspreet View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27April2009 at 3:33am
A few months back, when I joined this Company, I wanted photocopies of all the reciepts of all the couriers which passed thru my department.

At that time, Heena ji who was responsible for couriers used to forget to photocopy courier receipts and mattered lingered for days.

Since I had a good habit of keeping every single official task small or big on my computer work sheet (thus am always relaxed, I keep nothing in my head, nothing relating to work, every day I used to call her for the receipts requried dated this and this and she would say I m giving but nothing happened, but I remained polite and continued one call per day.

Today, as soon as courier is sent, the very next day she hands me the receipts with a smile on her face for my good behaviour.

I felt so good today and I observed that since people do not keep every small thing on paper, they forget and when they recall later on, they shout at others. It is right that others are also as human as you but when you put your work in control, others will learn too.
Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27April2009 at 9:10am
Smile Thanks for sharing veerji... everything should b nice organized... If u start to yell help and murder, sure that person feels offended, she wont do better next time. But when u approach her warm and caring, she wont forget. People may not remember what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.

Keep smiling...
Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27April2009 at 9:15am
U know ji, its same with kids, many times when u ask them to clean up their toys, they r tired from playing, they say a big no and start to whine. But when u take a different approach and tell them, 'i dont think u cant clean up ur toys like a big boy/girl'. U'll see what they do, it will b done in a jiffy. The difference is in the way u approach them... its called reversed pshychology, it even works with adults. Wink
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28April2009 at 12:31am
You are right Selina ji

Also, I would love to know more about the term 'Reverse Psychology'.
I think I use this in almost every practical issue

I always start with what should happen at the end of this month, what should be the result of our communication and usually I get the process so arranged that end result is achieved most of the time.
Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28April2009 at 3:14am
Smile Its like saying, this file should b ready by the end of the day, but i dont think u'll manage, lets see if u can reach the deadline... well, it will work for sure... This is a request, not an order... that makes the difference... it works encouraging... Smile
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28April2009 at 3:51am
oksssssssssss...
gul malhotra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gul malhotra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28April2009 at 12:51pm
i think one isssue which should be addressed in maaking others happy is to make the ignored people of our society happy...
such as servants and their kids., certain old people who we feel are generelly ignored, also people  doing menial jobs who mostly recieve prejudice everywhere...so i make sure that anyone i  find ignored and depressed should be elevated ..Big%20smile
Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28April2009 at 5:11pm
Smile Dear Gul Malhotra Ji... Welcome at our Living Treasure forum. Thank u for enriching our happy family of friends... Hug

U r right ji, the poor, old people r often overlooked coz they feel they dont belong anywhere. No one is paying attention to them either. We should speak for them and encourage them coz they'll never come up for themselves as they feel ashamed of their own status. They need a push in the back, some uplifting words and inspiring thoughts, compliments... etc. Lets show them what real humanity is, what living is. We can make them feel wanted again by counting them in, by helping them. They r as much a human as we all r and they deserve the same respect and love.
Thank u for sharing such a lovely thought with us.

Keep smiling... Smile
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29April2009 at 1:05am
Thanx you Gul Malhotra ji for sharing such an important concern.

These different angles open our minds to look for opportunities where we can be of help in making this world the best place to live in.

One think which I practice is to make sure I leave every person smiling whomsoever I meet.

In morning I talk to our driver and the guy who comes to wash car and in evening I exchange words with street keeper and in the mid day all the people I meet except my boss
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29April2009 at 1:07am
So, what did you do today that made you feel GOOD?????

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gul malhotra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29April2009 at 11:59am
thank you...jaspreet ji and selina ji for welcoming me...i really appreciate it...
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30April2009 at 1:34am
Gurfateh dear Gul ji and a warm welcome to the LT family discussion forum. I have read ur posts and I appreciate your zeal to share and learn.Hope to see your post daily at the forum. You r right we should try to be more generous and kind to those who r ignored.

Regards
�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
Request- This is Everyone's forum, so please participate in it by posting...
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30April2009 at 2:18am
Reading Dear Gul Malhotra Ji.'s and selina ji's post made me real happy that there are still lot of young people who think of poor, old. young. sick and want to bring happiness and dignity in their life.
Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30April2009 at 2:53am
Khoji ji, this is possible under the guidance of gurbani, parents and great souls like you that youngsters also think of service before self.
�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gul malhotra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30April2009 at 1:27pm

i agree jujhar ji n khoji ji....i m myself sooo excited to join LT....and i feel lucky to be in company of good people!!! thanx!

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01May2009 at 1:35am

The pleasure is ours.........Hug

Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01May2009 at 5:11am
Our maid at home was having pain in head for 3 days and we took her to RML Hospital. I was in the hospital whole night.

At around 3 AM, when doctors were relaxed, I met them and complimented them for their afforts and good job they are doing.

Then I met relatives of other passients and listened to their stories, some people exchanged their mobile numbers with me.

I felt that we should consider our health as important otherwise one day it may consider you as unimportant.

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06November2009 at 5:59am
Good work veer...keep it up! This is called Vich duniya sew kamaiye, taan dargah besan payiye....you lived heaven while living :) coz u enjoyed the bliss of helping a needy person.
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09November2009 at 2:07am
Thanx for appreciation Jujhar Veer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic