TheLivingTreasure Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Current Affairs > All Current Affairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

becoming a part of army KHALSA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gul malhotra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: becoming a part of army KHALSA
    Posted: 28April2009 at 5:35am
StarStar  Wat is the practical significance of the 5 K's{ kada, kachhera,kanga,kirpan,kesh} in the modern life..?StarStar
  how to righteously follow Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji's 5 k's in the most virtuous manner while living and successfuly surviving in the present world.
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28April2009 at 6:25am

Gur fateh and a warm welcome to the LT family discussion forum Gul ji....your questiion is very valid. I feel 5K's represent our faith. The 5Ks Kanga, Kachera. Kesh, Kirpan & Kara have their significance. They symbolize that we r under a discipline given to us by Guru Gobind singh ji....Its a Uniform of a saint soldier.

Kanga- Its a small comb which is kept in our hair to use it wen and where needed.

Kachera- its a symbol of our character given to us by our gurus. It symbolizes one man one women relation.

Kirpan- It says Kirpa + aan i.e. its for helping others and for self defense as and wen needed.

Kada- A steel bangle worn on right hand so that wen if we do some wrong work with this hand, the symbol of guru stops us from doing and making us realise that this is wrong.

Kesh- Hair r natural gift from god. THey have importance on body thats why god gave them. Have u ever thought why not our eyebrows big like our hair on the head? scientifically they have some reason to be on our body. You can read scientific researches that people who cut hair are more prone to cancer.

Its a belief...A dress code for khalsa....just think over it and all ur questions will be dropped.

Regards

�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
Request- This is Everyone's forum, so please participate in it by posting...
gul malhotra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gul malhotra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28April2009 at 12:41pm

thanks mr jhujar for your views....but my query was a little different.

i wanted to know that how can it be made possible that we bring all the 5 k's into practise of everyday life...in today's world.  for eg ..kachera...
jeans has become a universal wear , so wearing kachera is not really  so possible..'
in such a scenario., what can be our take on it being sikhs..
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28April2009 at 11:52pm
I dont think its a problem I wear jeans almost daily and I do wear it with a kachera...I dont see any issues in that ji?
�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gul malhotra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29April2009 at 5:21am
okie...i see...its good to hear that really...

Ur Frnd - Jaspreet View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29April2009 at 5:35am
I also have some problem?

I dont feel like wearing a Kirpan. Can I carry it with me in my bag?
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29April2009 at 6:59am

Lets Just look it in a way of dress of khalsa and u will not feel uncomfortable. We wear tie even in summers just becoz its a dress code. Army men wear and carry everything at the war front. So we have to be in dress from GuruGobind singh ji. MOreover its under the sikh rehat maryada to wear the 5Ks.

Regards

Edited by Jujhar - 29April2009 at 7:09am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gul malhotra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29April2009 at 11:57am
okie but please take my  question in a light spirit...!
dont u think that carrying kirpan has very little utilization in practical sense...it is only for identity purpose....so isnt it sometimes a hinderance in some ways....?
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29April2009 at 2:11pm

Yes we take it lightly dont worry, ur question is very valid...

I personally dont think its a hindrance. I carry it with a pride. It gives me a sense of confidence that I can help someone in need and also i can use it in self defense.
All girls should carry kirpan coz in todays scenario, rapes and eve teasing r so common. I can bet if a girl is carrying a kirpan, even the eve teasers will not dare to utter a word. So its just our mindset how we see it.

Regards
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30April2009 at 12:12am
Yes jujhar veer
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30April2009 at 12:58am
so i hope u will carry it with pride now veer?
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30April2009 at 1:08am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gul malhotra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30April2009 at 1:16pm
thats a valid point jujhar ji!
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01May2009 at 1:32am
Thanks for approving it :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic