TheLivingTreasure Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > All General Discussions > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GRATITUDE - the state of feeling thankfulness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26March2010 at 3:02am
'WHATEVER HAS HAPPENED AND WILL HAPPEN IN OUR LIVES MAY CAUSE PAIN OR PLEASURE I AM THANKFUL FOR BOTH....... WITH FOLDED HANDS AND BOWED HEAD.' Sheebbaa ji said

Sheba ji, I am really glad that you have found happiness and peace is in your self. No one, I mean no one, not out parents, our spouses, Our children, wealth, things no one or no thing can give us peace or happiness, only we have to find peace within us. what ever Almighty has stored for us will happen we just have to accept it as "Rabh da bhana' and we will find peace in our heart and mind will feel at rest.

love and hugs ji   meain hun na.....hahahah.
Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26March2010 at 12:49pm

"Gratitude is not a fair weather virtue. True gratitude means appreciating your life no matter what the storms may bring. Is simply being alive gift enough for you to feel grateful?"

~Mac Anderson
Learning to Dance in the Rain
Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26March2010 at 12:52pm
Learning to Dance in the Rain......must watch

http://www.danceintherainmovie.com/miami/

Khoji

sheebbaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheebbaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27March2010 at 8:44am
yes ........being alive is a gift and i am in eternal gratitude for this kind gift !
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28March2010 at 11:57pm
Death can come at any minute, in any way. We do not know what is in store tomorrow, or, whether there is a tomorrow, or even a tonight! But still, we have the golden present. Now we are alive and kicking. What should we do now? Love all, serve all.

Khoji

Ur Frnd - Jaspreet View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29March2010 at 12:47am
Yesterday night, their was some problem with Power supply for the whole floor and no power point switches were working. Thus, no Air Conditioner could be switched on...

ALthough we had to sleep in the air of a fan which was insufficient as per our regular habit, I was feeling thankful for that fan also,...
I slept peacefully (I think I was the only person sleeping peacefully) at 4 AM I woke up sweating then I went out in Balcony took a stroll and came back and slept...

IM THANKFUL for being able to stay positive and did not feel irritated and am heartily thankful for all the luxuries which I possess and am able to consider that life will not end if they are taken away, rather I would work hard to recreate the same instead of wasting time condemning others...
ashpinder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashpinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29March2010 at 3:09am
very well sadi jaspret ji even when powercuts off i aslo got very irritated  but then i think
that how lucky we are atleast we have invertor or generator facilities available at home so that even we can sleep under fan there are lot of people who slept on footpaths they dont even have shelter still they are managing their life happily. i am also very much thankfull to God  from the depth of my heart that he has blessed me with so many facilities.

keeep smilingSmileSmile 
what make some people dearer it is not just the happiness thaat u feel when u meet them but it is the pain u feel when u miss them
ashpinder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashpinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29March2010 at 5:07am
Originally posted by Khoji Khoji wrote:

Death can come at any minute, in any way. We do not know what is in store tomorrow, or, whether there is a tomorrow, or even a tonight! But still, we have the golden present. Now we are alive and kicking. What should we do now? Love all, serve all.

Tooooooooooooooooooooooooo gud khoji

keep smilingSmile
what make some people dearer it is not just the happiness thaat u feel when u meet them but it is the pain u feel when u miss them
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29March2010 at 9:35pm
thank you ji I am sooooooooooooooo glad you liked it
keep on smilingSmile , keep on spreading smiles and make every one happy

Khoji

Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30March2010 at 2:16am
Our joint family is going thru the process of becoming nuclear due to mismatch of thought process of few people...

Last Saturday, our electricity was not coming and it was found that certain wires were cut from the meter....

This Sunday also a similarly incident and my wife and bhabi lost their mind thinking that other family members are trying to disturb us by such non sense activity.

However, I thought differently and instead of just accepting their conclusions I prefered to talk with other family members about the problem and get to solution through cooperation. the end result was that every one in family were cooperating to get the power back....

IM THANKFUL To God for bestowing me the beauty of thinking right in the mist of stressful situations where most of the people are unable to think right and thus enter into a state of selective listening and their focus is not to get to the harmonious solution but to waste time finding the culprit like a CBI agent.

Im thankful for being able to focus on health, wealth and Happiness...

Im spellbound by the perfection in the Universal laws of nature which require one to practice practice practice till such mind set is achieved and every one can achieve the same provided they are inspired to practice...
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30March2010 at 4:27pm
Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom

Khoji

Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31March2010 at 12:14am
Im thankful for the people around me for I learn so many things as to what to do and what not to do...
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01April2010 at 3:35am
Im thankful for my dreamz because they inspire me to think beyond the regular standard life and work as radar to give direction to my life.

Im thankful for the basic fact that atleast I know where I m going and how fast...
gurbachan2007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gurbachan2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01April2010 at 8:56pm
originally posted by khoji
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ਹਰਿ ਜਪਦਿਆ ਖਿਨੁ ਢਿਲ ਕੀਜਈ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਮਤੁ ਕਿ ਜਾਪੈ ਸਾਹੁ ਆਵੈ ਕਿ ਆਵੈ ਰਾਮ
हरि जपदिआ खिनु ढिल न कीजई मेरी जिंदुड़ीए मतु कि जापै साहु आवै कि न आवै राम ॥
Har japḏi▫ā kẖin dẖil na kīj▫ī merī jinḏuṛī▫e maṯ kė jāpai sāhu āvai kė na āvai rām.
Do not hesitate for an instant - meditate on the Lord, O my soul; who knows whether he shall draw another breath?

ਸਾ ਵੇਲਾ ਸੋ ਮੂਰਤੁ ਸਾ ਘੜੀ ਸੋ ਮੁਹਤੁ ਸਫਲੁ ਹੈ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਿੰਦੁੜੀਏ ਜਿਤੁ ਹਰਿ ਮੇਰਾ ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਰਾਮ
सा वेला सो मूरतु सा घड़ी सो मुहतु सफलु है मेरी जिंदुड़ीए जितु हरि मेरा चिति आवै राम ॥
Sā velā so mūraṯ sā gẖaṛī so muhaṯ safal hai merī jinḏuṛī▫e jiṯ har merā cẖiṯ āvai rām.
That time, that moment, that instant, that second is so fruitful, O my soul, when my Lord comes into my mind.
gurbachan2007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gurbachan2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01April2010 at 8:59pm

ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ
धनासरी महला १ ॥
Ḏẖanāsrī mėhlā 1.
Dhanaasaree, First Mehl:

ਹਮ ਆਦਮੀ ਹਾਂ ਇਕ ਦਮੀ ਮੁਹਲਤਿ ਮੁਹਤੁ ਜਾਣਾ
हम आदमी हां इक दमी मुहलति मुहतु न जाणा ॥
Ham āḏmī hāʼn ik ḏamī muhlaṯ muhaṯ na jāṇā.
We are human beings of the briefest moment; we do not know the appointed time of our departure.

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਬਿਨਵੈ ਤਿਸੈ ਸਰੇਵਹੁ ਜਾ ਕੇ ਜੀਅ ਪਰਾਣਾ ॥੧॥
नानकु बिनवै तिसै सरेवहु जा के जीअ पराणा ॥१॥
Nānak binvai ṯisai sarevhu jā ke jī▫a parāṇā. ||1||
Prays Nanak, serve the One, to whom our soul and breath of life belong. ||1||

ਅੰਧੇ ਜੀਵਨਾ ਵੀਚਾਰਿ ਦੇਖਿ ਕੇਤੇ ਕੇ ਦਿਨਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
अंधे जीवना वीचारि देखि केते के दिना ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Anḏẖe jīvnā vīcẖār ḏekẖ keṯe ke ḏinā. ||1|| rahā▫o.
You are blind - see and consider, how many days your life shall last. ||1||Pause||

ਸਾਸੁ ਮਾਸੁ ਸਭੁ ਜੀਉ ਤੁਮਾਰਾ ਤੂ ਮੈ ਖਰਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ
सासु मासु सभु जीउ तुमारा तू मै खरा पिआरा ॥
Sās mās sabẖ jī▫o ṯumārā ṯū mai kẖarā pi▫ārā.
My breath, my flesh and my soul are all Yours, Lord; You are so very dear to me.

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸਾਇਰੁ ਏਵ ਕਹਤੁ ਹੈ ਸਚੇ ਪਰਵਦਗਾਰਾ ॥੨॥
नानकु साइरु एव कहतु है सचे परवदगारा ॥२॥
Nānak sā▫ir ev kahaṯ hai sacẖe parvaḏgārā. ||2||
Nanak, the poet, says this, O True Lord Cherisher. ||2||

ਜੇ ਤੂ ਕਿਸੈ ਦੇਹੀ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਾਹਿਬਾ ਕਿਆ ਕੋ ਕਢੈ ਗਹਣਾ
जे तू किसै न देही मेरे साहिबा किआ को कढै गहणा ॥
Je ṯū kisai na ḏehī mere sāhibā ki▫ā ko kadẖai gahṇā.
If you gave nothing, O my Lord and Master, what could anyone pledge to You?

ਨਾਨਕੁ ਬਿਨਵੈ ਸੋ ਕਿਛੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਪੁਰਬਿ ਲਿਖੇ ਕਾ ਲਹਣਾ ॥੩॥
नानकु बिनवै सो किछु पाईऐ पुरबि लिखे का लहणा ॥३॥
Nānak binvai so kicẖẖ pā▫ī▫ai purab likẖe kā lahṇā. ||3||
Nanak prays, we receive that which we are pre-destined to receive. ||3||

ਨਾਮੁ ਖਸਮ ਕਾ ਚਿਤਿ ਕੀਆ ਕਪਟੀ ਕਪਟੁ ਕਮਾਣਾ
नामु खसम का चिति न कीआ कपटी कपटु कमाणा ॥
Nām kẖasam kā cẖiṯ na kī▫ā kaptī kapat kamāṇā.
The deceitful person does not remember the Lord's Name; he practices only deceit.

ਜਮ ਦੁਆਰਿ ਜਾ ਪਕੜਿ ਚਲਾਇਆ ਤਾ ਚਲਦਾ ਪਛੁਤਾਣਾ ॥੪॥
जम दुआरि जा पकड़ि चलाइआ ता चलदा पछुताणा ॥४॥
Jam ḏu▫ār jā pakaṛ cẖalā▫i▫ā ṯā cẖalḏā pacẖẖuṯāṇā. ||4||
When he is marched in chains to Death's door, then, he regrets his actions. ||4||
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02April2010 at 5:14am
Yesterday I had an oral fight with someone (a very close person) because of some difference of opinion. First I was thinking of how to prove the next person wrong but then I thought will that solve the problem. Then I read a beautiful lesson which changed my thought process

It was, "try honesty to understand the next person and see what would you have done if u were the next person"

At the face of this lesson I thought I would have not behaved like that but on deeper understand I saw a deeper meaning, The meaning was, "If I was born in that persons environment, faced those people and situation which next person had to go thru and had denied to understand the wisdom then most probably I might have been behaving like that..."

AND NOW IM THANKFUL TO THE ALMIGHTY FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL LESSON: From now on if similarly situation would crop up, I will definitely honesty try to understand the next person's view point and then say, "Im sorry if I hurt you, I understand that if I were in your place, I would have also said this and that or done such an act, you are justified for your approach..."

These words carry power because these words automatically disarm the opponent and will help to resolve the issue in a more friendly way...

Im thankful for learning that if you listen to others, they will also listen to you...
ashpinder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashpinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05April2010 at 9:37am
thats really great jaspreet ji Clapif every one understand this thing and solve the problem by undestanding the feeling of the next person then there will be no cirsis .  Sorry ,Thanku Please are magic words it really works Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.

keep smilingSmile
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06April2010 at 12:25am
Im Thankful to the universe for making me understand the basic truth that most of the time I waste in confusion - should I do this or that, buy this or that, use this or that, live here or there, love all or a few, was right or wrong, understand or justify, win or loss (an argument), believe him or him, go there or where, learn or teach, wait or fight, love what I do or do what I love, relate or debate, health or wealth, material or spiritual, do it now or delay, earn or spend, desire or sacrifice, etc or etc...

Im thankful for understanding that I have to first make peace within and sit and decide what I want, how I want, when I want, where I want and then take steps being focused on desired goals FILLED WITH FAITH...
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06April2010 at 9:46pm
Gratitude is twofold - love coming to visit us and love running out to greet a welcome guest.
Henry Van Dyke

Khoji

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24September2010 at 6:26am

When life gets hectic and you begin to feel overwhelmed, take a moment to focus on the people and things you are grateful for in life. When you are grateful, other things will fall by the wayside. For example, you probably won’t be able to feel jealous and grateful at the same time. You might even be thankful for someone else’s success or their contribution to you. Being thankful gives you perspective on you situation and brings you to the present moment.

One of the most impressive reasons for being grateful is the positive impact on the way you think and feel. Research shows that grateful people have, “higher reported levels of the positive states of alertness, enthusiasm, determination, attentiveness and energy . . .”

�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
Request- This is Everyone's forum, so please participate in it by posting...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic