TheLivingTreasure Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > All General Discussions > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GRATITUDE - the state of feeling thankfulness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GRATITUDE - the state of feeling thankfulness
    Posted: 22March2010 at 1:18am
Friends

A few days back, I started paying thanks to God for all the great things if I have or are happening in my life. I found that eventually, I was thankful for all the stress and trouble as instead of getting frustrated I started thinking otherwise and took it as challenges in life, the way to grow higher in our thinking...

But very few people are able to think right in troubled situations which may be an accident, unwanted relative, loss in business, hurt relations, miscommunication, etc because very few people actually practice living in gratitude.

I dont want to give a lecture on gratitude but want every one to write alteast 1 thing on this topic every day as to

WHAT YOU ARE THANKFUL FOR TODAY???

Benefits of this excercise : You will learn with practice HOW TO THINK RIGHT and start using your mind to your advantage...
Ur Frnd - Jaspreet View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22March2010 at 1:28am
Im thankful to God for giving me this Idea of starting this topic...

Im thankful that Im much Richer than the Kings 2000 years back as they did not have benefit of a mobile talking to anyone and everyone any time of the day on a click of a button at such low cost..., having a vehicle which runs faster than their horses, having a fan and air conditioner, computer to communicate my message worldwide, and many more things (to be left to be shared later )

Im thankful for this beautiful mind which works for me and the thought process which helps me making decisions and then making decisions right... and comparing what is good for me in short run and in long run and then striking a balance...

Your turn

NOTE: THis is the most powerful excercise and I m sharing this after personally applying it to my life... I could start this on the day I started practising it but I personally wanted to see that it works and it works like MAGIC.

It can do magic in ur life too... Start writing NOW, take the benefit NOW, live to the fullest NOW, have the best of life's experiences NOW...
ashpinder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashpinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22March2010 at 3:20am

jaspreet ji thanks for starting this great topic Star I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought,and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. To educate yourself for the feeling of gratitude means to take nothing for granted,but to always seek out and value the kind that will stand behind the action.Nothing that is done for you is a matter of course. Everything originates in a will for the good, which is directed at you.
Train yourself never to put off the word or action for the expression of gratitude.

I am really thankfull to God for each and every thing blessed to me by God. for making me a part of this Lt Family where i am able to gain a knowledege upon each every aspect of life. specially veerji  i had attended his one seminar only and it was really great his voice ,way of explanation is simply outsatnding. God has blessed me with wonderful family great kids and such a loving hubby i feel so proud to have him in my life. wonderful two friends i love them a lot may god bless them .
what make some people dearer it is not just the happiness thaat u feel when u meet them but it is the pain u feel when u miss them
Narinder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Narinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22March2010 at 5:08am

I want to be thankful that god gave me strength and some encouragement for social cause. But I can not speak sweet and badly known for my short-temperedness, dominant and arrogant attitude. though I myself feel that my intentions are never hurting for others………still my speech makes the worst……sometimes.

We all know that difficulties prove to be the OPPORTUNITIES…….in other words "we gain experience".

Still it is always good to be thankful for blessings, good things and …….everything.

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22March2010 at 5:21am
Thanks to both of u for sharing ur kind thoughts...i m thankful to god for making me able to converse with Living Treasure members worldwide...i feel so blessed coz sooooooo many people love me :)
�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
Request- This is Everyone's forum, so please participate in it by posting...
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23March2010 at 1:23am
Im thankful for being born 26 years ago on this day and became a source of inspiration for many many people

being able to positively change the lives of people around me who actually want to change but are looking for the spark...

Edited by Ur Frnd - Jaspreet - 23March2010 at 1:25am
ashpinder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashpinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23March2010 at 1:36am
Today is your birthday jaspreet ji many manyhappy returns of the dayClap may god bless u with his heavens choicest wishesStar wish u a great day a head

keep smilingSmileSmileSmileSmile
what make some people dearer it is not just the happiness thaat u feel when u meet them but it is the pain u feel when u miss them
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23March2010 at 1:40am

Many many happy returns of the day veer!

�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
Request- This is Everyone's forum, so please participate in it by posting...
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23March2010 at 2:12am
Thanx Ashpinder ji and Jujhar Veer...
ashpinder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashpinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23March2010 at 3:23am
my pleasure ji enjoy ur day

keep smilingSmile
Riya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23March2010 at 6:17am
Originally posted by Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Ur Frnd - Jaspreet wrote:

Im thankful for being born 26 years ago on this day and became a source of inspiration for many many people

being able to positively change the lives of people around me who actually want to change but are looking for the spark...

MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY

Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24March2010 at 1:15am
Thank you Riya ji

Today in the morning I had a dream that I went to Registrar of Companies for some office work and when I came back, the parking guy asked me to hand him the keys of my bike and he will take it out for me. I handed him and he drove off.

Then I complained to police and tried to find bike and I WOKE UP...

I smiled and I was happy for this wonderful dream, you know why?

I m thankful today to the universe for the bike which takes me to places and helps me in achieving my bigger dreams. I m thankful for those engineers who designed this bike because ones their was time when all people had for commuting were their feet and animals...

Edited by Ur Frnd - Jaspreet - 24March2010 at 1:17am
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24March2010 at 5:26pm
Dear Jaspreet ji, I am glad it was a dream only and not in realty. It has happens to tourist many times. A stranger will say let me take your picture give me your camera. As soon as tourist hands the camera the stranger runs away with it. So be careful  who  you hand your keys or camera.
Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25March2010 at 12:20am
Thanx Khoji ji for your advice...
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25March2010 at 12:34am
Today I left home 10 minutes earlier for the office and drived slowly my favorite Bike and felt the nature...

I m Thankful to the universe for creating such wonderful trees and pleasant weather and even man made creations are also worth appreciating, I passed by a few hospitals, coffee shops, bakery, beautiful houses etc. I m thankful for choosing me to observe this beauty. On the way I bowed head to the person (wearing turban) coming from forward, I was happy and he was confused
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25March2010 at 12:46am
If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things in nature have a message you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.
Eleanora Duse
Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

ashpinder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashpinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25March2010 at 2:32am

Happiness is the realization of God in the heart.
Happiness is the result of praise and thanksgiving,
of faith, of acceptance;
a quiet tranquil realization of the love of God.
White Eagle

Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26March2010 at 12:41am
In the morning the fuel of my bike was nearly empty and I managed to reach petrol pump...

IM THANKFUL for understanding the fact that when hidden minerals and hidden potential and imagination of human beings combine, it creates miracles...

Making of vehicle and use of petrol for the purpose are proof that when any human use his imagination and creativity, he benefits many...

In simple words, I m thankful for the petrol pump and petrol

(You can be thankful for anything and every thing provided you take out time to put yourself in the state of being thankful, This excercise helps me alot and if you also do, you will also be delighted... It creates vision for better future which our newspapers take away)
sheebbaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheebbaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26March2010 at 1:06am
Saying thank you to god almighty is the most wonderful pleasure we can give ourselves .......it has a side effect of PEACEFUL heart.
recently i had been undergoing a lot of life changing circumstances which were beyond my line of control ....i was frustrated and angry and very very exhausted, trying to put sense in people around me, who were equally affected .everyone was reacting according to their character but the logics of the situation had to be the same for all concerned.and i was scared because i had taken action to recreate my life ....had i been wrong ..was i going to be ruined ... i was in sheer fear ........

one night i cried out loud to god what is happening? where is this leading .i was tortured with the pain of the fear of the unknown , because the decisions were not in my hands alone.and i cried myself to sleep
in the early hours of the morning when i was in the stupor of light sleep and my subconscious was a awake with my answer.......i went to the gurudwara and got a akhand path booked for my thanks to lord ......the granthiji asked me the purpose and i said i want to say 'thank u god for opening my minds' eyes '
the answer is ..
we are part of HIS design for all the people in the world, not the ones who live around us, but the the whole wide world , the animals, mother nature , the oceans---- everything and everyone--- god is not singling us us out for anything (( the question we sometimes ask god WHY ME is meaningless)).
that is why any action,(((however small or personal it may be))) we take today affects the whole world with its ripple effect.
but the paradox is the we
We are too tiny in HIS fabric of design to comprehend the large universal picture .we are unique , we that each that tiny stitch that god has created with extreme effort to keep his fabric together.

so i was at peace with myself and started doing only what was required of me , working hard ,within my means to finish my job and left the result on god .

AND FROM THAT DAY ONWARDS I THANK GOD EVERYDAY FOR ALL THAT HE HAS 'TAKEN AWAY' AND WILL TAKE AWAY AND ALL THE HE HAS 'GIVEN'AND WILL GIVE.

WHATEVER HAS HAPPENED AND WILL HAPPEN IN OUR LIVES MAY CAUSE PAIN OR PLEASURE I AM THANKFUL FOR BOTH....... WITH FOLDED HANDS AND BOWED HEAD.
my life has changed...i am at peace with myself .
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26March2010 at 1:28am
Im happy to read your post Sheebbaa ji

Seems you have learned to handle fear of unknown...
F E A R = False Expectations Appearing Real

Good work

I feel instead of getting akhand paath done my someone else, u should read and understand path yourself. That way you will benefit more. This can be a better way of showing your thankfulness and you will also benefit more through the teachings of our revered Guru.

Lastly, I m happy that you understand God gives us to enjoy and takes back to get us learn something new in life...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic