TheLivingTreasure Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Feedback | Announcements > Feedback & Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SIKHI and the Debate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpschawla160480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SIKHI and the Debate
    Posted: 02September2010 at 2:27pm
Dear Veer Ji
As u said on 1 Sep 2010 program at D bloc Tagor Garden Extn. Gurudwara That: We r the followers of Being in "RAZAA of Nature/God", then:
:Why we not keep long nails?
:Why we wear cloths..?
:Why we wear Turban....? that was not born with us.?
These are the questions thrown on me as a sikh look alike....though personally or socially we r not as the guru wanted us to be so we are unable to answer or answer properly.
shall continue ...
Sat Sri Akal...ji
Ur Frnd - Jaspreet View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03September2010 at 1:31am
DPS Chawla ji

I m also like you, I m also in the process of learning :)

I think that their are n no. of questions
and can have n no. of answers too...

Example:
Why every Mc Donald look alike and its burger
tastes similar. Why do they use only red paint
on exterior on every restaurant instead of white?

Why all students in a school where same uniform?
and why only Blue color or grey color or any other
color?

Why in college their is no uniform?

Why do people ear pizza and drink cold drink when
they know it will harm their health?

The point which I want to make is their
can be many answers because every human being
has his own experience and understanding...

Personally, I m not qualified enough to answer each
and every question you raise but I still want
to assist you in using your own observation in
coming to answer most suited to your situation...

Example, I asked a person, "Do you drink?" He said
"Yes, and every one should drink and ear chicken as
it helps in keeping good health?"

Now his answer may be justified in his own way and
experience of life... But drinking per se "might" not
be good for health...

Another way of thinking

Human beings always want to put things in a
proper system... Time for waking up, going to
bed, eating dinner together, treating everyone
in a way. etc. Systems are created to make life
easy and predictable. May be Guru Patshah created
a system for us. You may also read Sikh Rahyat Maryada.

SUMMARY:
Knowing answer to every question which people raise
is not the solution, but understanding that we still
can be happy by counting our blissings in the minst of
ocean will be enough :)

Page 11, Line 3
ਤੂੰ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਬੇਅੰਤੁ ਬੇਅੰਤੁ ਜੀ ਤੇਰੇ ਕਿਆ ਗੁਣ ਆਖਿ ਵਖਾਣਾ ॥
तूं पारब्रहमु बेअंतु बेअंतु जी तेरे किआ गुण आखि वखाणा ॥
Ŧūʼn pārbarahm be▫anṯ be▫anṯ jī ṯere ki▫ā guṇ ākẖ vakẖāṇā.
You are the Supreme Lord God, Limitless and Infinite. What Virtues of Yours can I speak of and describe?

Page 1319, Line 8
ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਜਲ ਨਿਧਿ ਹਮ ਮੀਨੇ ਤੁਮਰੇ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਕਤਹੂ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੩॥
तुम्ह जल निधि हम मीने तुमरे तेरा अंतु न कतहू पाइआ ॥३॥
Ŧumĥ jal niḏẖ ham mīne ṯumre ṯerā anṯ na kaṯhū
pā▫i▫ā. ||3||
You are the ocean of water, and I am Your fish.
No one has ever found Your limits. ||3||
Karan Singh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karan Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03September2010 at 10:18am
I will try to answer your Q by the knowledge i have and the bad english i have

:Why we not keep long nails?
This is a something i before really wanted to know, and i found out. You have a very buetiful plant, on that plant one of the flower is dead. Would you keep that dead ugly flower? You propably cut it from the rest of the ALIVE plant.

Before I give you my answer I would tell you why we keep hair. We got it from God, yes there i agree with you and i can also ask the same question about nails? we also got them. Hair is alive cells on your body, the hair who is dead cells you can comb and they will fall off. Take a look on your nails now, you can propably see a line, the nails who have grown over the line is dead, they will not grow any more, the nails on the other side is alive and when they cross the line they also die. then they are dead cells, thats why we cut it. 

:Why we wear cloths..?
We do not change anything on our body when we put on cloths, if you do not put on your cloths then there is more damage on your body, if i in winter doesnt use cloth i norway then i will after some hour DIE.

:Why we wear Turban....? that was not born with us.?
House, cars, money, why do we have them? they were not born with us. Yes it was not born with US, it is not US. God want US to be like that he made us, what we were born like. But also take care of it, like comb your hair, cut your nails, take a bath, take on some cloths that your body doesnt get dirty and cold. We want to keep something we were born with safe. We wear turbans to keep our hair to not be dirty by sand and stuff like that. (also many more reasons)

I am not a good explaner, but i tried :p

Want to share a little story with you.
A man give anoth poor man a house to live in, but that man have two conditions.
First condition: You have to keep the gate the same way it is and clean.
Second condition: You have to keep the house the same way i give you it and clean.

The man who give the hous is GOD
and the poor man is US, a human
The gate is the humans head, you have to keep it like it was given, not cut your hairs and keep your head/face clean.
The house is your body, inside and outside. You have to keep it like it is given, and clean. REMEBER, INSIDE AND OUTSIDE ;)

Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03September2010 at 5:55pm
you expressed your understanding really well and clearly. I agree that hair will fall when it's root is dead. nails will also break once it is too long. In stone age nail had the purpose when their were no knifes and sharp things to cut. We still use them some times but that purpose has been taken over by sharp objects. Clothes we have to wear to protect ourself from the natures elements.  Early humans had long hair on the body. our body still got hair all over but we cannot see it. Human lost the long hair but god granted them brain to figure it out how to protect one self from nature's elements. 

Edited by Khoji - 04September2010 at 5:03pm
Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

ANGEL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANGEL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07September2010 at 4:52am
nice sharing jaspreet vr, karan singh ji and khoji ji

Edited by ANGEL - 07September2010 at 4:52am
Tejbir View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tejbir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09September2010 at 9:56am
Very well contributed by all...

Dear DPS Chalwa jee... Welcome to the Living Treasure forum... Glad to realise that you are so highly placed and representing so much... Gr8 sir... I am no way near to u professionally sir...

As far as the topic is concerned I will just like to say that SIKHI and DEBATE cant go together... because the SIKHI portrayed by the doctorine of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is really different than what we see people doing around.. Sikhi is not a matter of following some particular routine or doing some specific rituals rather it is living practically the qualities shared by the doctorine...

Since we are unable to practise the doctorine in our life that is why there is DEBATE rising...
We can be Happy or WE can be Right!!!

Choice is ours...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic