TheLivingTreasure Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Feedback | Announcements > Feedback & Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Living Treasure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Living Treasure
    Posted: 03September2003 at 12:07pm

Fateh ji...

LT is the family concept which guru nanak sahib started...means a section of people with same thoughts and aiming towards global harmony and brotherhood....its not a sect or dera..and it will never be ...its just a way of life to learn gurbani and to learn laws of nature which is the will of god and try to learn how to be one with god i.e. oneness with good deeds...

Regards

�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
Request- This is Everyone's forum, so please participate in it by posting...
Rieaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rieaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04September2003 at 1:59pm

Living Treasure as the name suggests is a school (organisation) where we learn about life, self and the related issues and the source of learning or the basis of knowledge is Gurbani and the message of Universal Truth as described in it. Our motto is creating a world of selfless service.

Its a network love, peace and harmony. The attitude that all its members are trying to cultivate is "Don't wait for anybody to change, be an active participant yourself and create yourself better for a beautiful creation." Any human being irrespective of his/her caste, creed, religion, age, nationality who is keen to develop this kind of a self-improving outlook is welcome to be a part of this family. Its a heterogenous group of people who vary in age, religion, backgrounds, physical appearances, etc but are united in thought and their efforts of self-transformation & elevation through the Gems of Gurbani.

This is how we are not a thada or a jatha or a cult or a sect we are just a group of people trying to learn how to put others before self. Mother Teresa is an unparallel example of a human being who practically lived the principles of Gurbani which is the basis of Living Treasure. Similarly, any person doing any type of charity anywhere on this earth is a member of Living Treasure (LT).

sukss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13September2003 at 4:23am

The philosophy of The Living Treasure is nothing but to convey the essensial purport of Gurbani by unleashing the true purpose behind the compilation of Sri Guru Granth Sahib. It is simply about forwarding the Treasure of the people to the people, in a very simplistic, rational, scientific and pragmatic way. It is to enable all, from a scholar to a lay-person, to comprehend and live the Gurbani rather than making it an instrument of mental speculation. It is about continuing the work of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji for the benefit of mankind.

Pls. dont misunderstand it as some sect or dera or jatha, it has got nothing to do with such terms.

With Best Regards

Humbly

Edited by sukss
Sukhbir Singh
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12May2004 at 6:14am

What you all think about The Living Treasure....please give us ur Precious view...

Regards

�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13May2004 at 11:56am
This past year made such a difference in my life. LT was a tiny little part of it, I am just a member since a month. It's not about learning to stay on the right path, everybody allready knows how to do this, but by the way peoples try to explain the values of life. By putting these posties it encourages to not overlook the most important things of life. Here you can, if you want, discus about it and put your own views. Not only about the stories but about everything. It's a life-time message, it sounds easy to accomplish but life is complicated with it's ups and downs. But if we believe we can, WE CAN.
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14May2004 at 1:21am
Thanx Selina dear for ur precious thoughts and contribution to this noble cause
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14January2005 at 4:02am

I would like new members to contribute to this thread ji....

Regards

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20January2005 at 6:00am
No replies Yet
Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25January2005 at 11:21am

Smile

Edited by **Selina** - 02September2009 at 1:49am
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27January2005 at 4:19am

Crying 1Crying 1Crying 1Where are our members Busy????

Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28January2005 at 11:26am
 I think the Living Treasure has such a positive impact on people that every one is speechless...
Inspiration View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inspiration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02February2005 at 5:38am

I think you are right Mysti_Girl, LT has touched everyones heart. But the thing is that no one has the courage to tell that he/she use to do this but with help of Gurbani and LT they have stopped doing wrong things. I myself have felt alot of change in my life. I use to be a very short tempered person, but today I know I have reduced this degree and I catch myself when I commit this mistake. I am so thankful to LT family for love and tender care they give to this society. Its our duty to help LT team to grow. We all should promote this thaught through whatever means we can do. I feel great to be a part of this family.

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02February2005 at 6:11am

Welcome back Inspiration ji...We all are so glad that LT, Thru Gurbani is helping u to change ur negatives into positives...I hope all other members will also share how this concept have changed their lifestyle.

Regards

Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02February2005 at 10:43am
 I follow your statement Inspiration ji
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03February2006 at 4:27am

Still no one contributed to this section

ISDhillon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISDhillon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03February2006 at 7:34pm

Satsriakal Folks

My personal perception of the LT family is that it is very open to humanitarian perspective of sikhi and that is good because I have studied rogerian counselling and have always believed that if all humans used the skills of empathy, unconditional positive regard and congruence we would all comunicate better with one another and the world would be more safer and stable.  I think gurbani for me shares many parallels with rogerian theory of the self-concept and the discovery of the true inner state of being to be the purpose with which man strives for in his daily life.  I want to write more but am very busy, well finally I would say that we all have our own personal interpretation in sikhi and I think thats good I do not think it is right if their are any strict sole ways of interpretation because this would ultimately harden the identity of sikhi which has always been more than a religion it is an un-organised religion and this is reflected through the relationship between continuity and change throughout our history.

ISDhillon

Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04February2006 at 9:17am

Indy Ji, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I read you studied Rogerian counselling, do you have experience with this in practise too?

ISDhillon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISDhillon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04February2006 at 1:07pm

Satsriakal Misti Ji,

My mum is a qualified counsellor and she has also been sponsored to conduct a conference on beginnings and endings in counselling this will form the basisi of a book that her and a colleague have got together to publish, my mother inspired me to study counselling although already had an A#level in psychology so new all the other theoretical orientations such asfreudian, cognitive and behavioural but I realised alot of stuff about myself whilst doing the course and that made me reexamine my life and the direction I was heading in, and I am a sincere believer that one must get their own life in order  before they try to mend the lives of others so I havnt had any practice as yet, actually at the moment I have been awarded an internship in the USA which I am looking forward too in marketing so things are a bit haywire at the moment.

Bye,

ISDhillon

Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05February2006 at 6:53am

Edited by **Selina** - 02September2009 at 1:50am
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07February2006 at 2:06am
Thanx Indy ji for ur kind contribution at this forum....Can u tell us more about this Rogerian counselling??? What exactly this is??? and how can it help us change our way of living?

Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic