TheLivingTreasure Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Current Affairs > All Current Affairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Donating body organs to serve Humanity...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IDEAL Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donating body organs to serve Humanity...
    Posted: 07September2003 at 11:01pm
I am planning to donate my eyes after I am no more... What do you think about it... Do you also wanna do it? Please Discuss.
Aval allah noor upaya, kudrat kae sabb bandae ||
Ek noor tae sab jag upjaeya, Kon bhalae ko mandae ||SGGS-1349||

drharmanps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drharmanps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08September2003 at 2:48am

Dear Aman veerji,

I really appreciate ur move towards humanity. But why everyone thinks of donating eyes only. There are other organs too which are needed by patients i.e. kidney, bone marrow. In fact bone marrow can be donated being alive and not after his death.

But in India people are so miser that they don't even donate blood, which is also considered as an organ. People should be made awared about donating organs, but the right step comes forward when person himself makes his own mind first; thinking that might be one day his family need some organ.

And if person thimks it to be a business, then there is no solution to this everlasting problem.

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08September2003 at 3:31am

Gr8 Aman veerji...i have already decided  to donate each and every organ of my body when i die..i have even told my mom about it...and i think i should be made compulsory for all of us to donate the parts of our bodies after death coz they become useless and are just burned.. but if we think deeply it can help millions of people out there who are suffering from many diseases...there is one more important aspect in this for example if somebody donates his eyes to someone after his death atleast his eyes will not die with him and it will be alive with that guy to whom the eyes are given...

Regards

�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
Request- This is Everyone's forum, so please participate in it by posting...
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10September2003 at 2:16am

Do anyone of you know any proceedure with which it can be made sure in advance that after my death i could donate every part of my body which can be used for any purpose

Regards

�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
divjot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote divjot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14September2003 at 1:36pm

wjkkwjkfateh

we can ask any hospital where there is eye bank..they will give u card which we can keep in our wallet & that is helpful in case of accidental death...& also the very important thing is that our parents & near ones should be told about or wish & should b convinced about the need & timig of this act...i mean they should be told about this fully bcos say if i die tomorrow its expected of my near ones to dispose off my corpse.....so there sahyog is also required in this generous act

fateh

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15September2003 at 1:35am
Thanx for the advise divjot ji...
IDEAL Singh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IDEAL Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15September2003 at 11:23pm
Here is a research on about the AGE Limit at which we can donate our body organz:: It is just that We should be bold enough to be ready to donate...

Quote:
Organ Donation Criteria:
Acceptable
Brain death only
Effective cardiovascular function
Approximate age range 0 - 85 years
Not Acceptable
Evidence of transmissible disease
Evidence of extra cranial malignancy

Tissue Donation Criteria:
Acceptable
Cardiac or brain death only
Age limits
. Bone/Skin: 12 -85 for female, 12 - no upper age for male
Connective tissue: 12 - 45 for male and female
Heart valve: 37 pounds - 55 years for male and female
Femoral Vein: 15 - 29 for female, 15-49 for male
.Saphenous Vein: 15 - 29 for female, 15-65 for male
Not Acceptable
HIV/AIDS
Hepatitis

Eye Donation Criteria
Acceptable
Cardiac or brain death only
Age limit of 73 years
Not Acceptable
Active hepatitis
Active encephalitis
HIV/AIDS
Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease
Rabies

By donating your organs and tissue you can help 50 people regain life. Your heart and lungs can help one breathe again; your kidneys can free two people from having to undergo dialysis. Donating your liver can save the life of someone who's been on a waiting list, your corneas can allow two people to see again. Your bones and skin can repair damaged joints and heal those who have been burned severely

Edited by aman

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16September2003 at 1:09am

Gr8 Aman veerji....Thats really important for all of us to know that how can we help others even after death....Visit Smiley Central!

Regards

Edited by jujhar
preetsingh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote preetsingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22September2003 at 2:44am

waheguru jee da khalsa waheguru jee di fatheh

Veerjeo main ek Solution waste eh Post Kar rehan hainplz mere is dubidha da nivaran karo jee.

Meri we sochini tuhade lokan wakan hai .I have also pleged that all my Organ After my Death should be donated and je eh sharir we kisi medical college noo cheer phad waste dita jaye.and I make you witness of my pleadge cuz if any one one of you come on my death plz tell my family to do this if they resist some how.

Main Eh Likhan te es waste Mazboor ho gayan hain kiyonki last week  meri mulakat ek bande nal hoyee jis noo  KIDNEY  di lod se because us diyaan both the Kidneys Got failed and he is on dialasysis and now situation is if he doesn't get any kidney he may die and he is only bread earner for the family cuz his dad is alredy has sever heart attack and mother is a sugar patient so both cannot give but though he can get the kidney of any blood group as he is AB+ which is universal reciepnt

so now my problem is that i wnat to give him my own kidney but my family members dont allow as firsly i am only child and i stay with my mother as dad is seprated and my mom has raised me with gr8 struggle so now she doesnot want me to do any such thing and is very tense as thinks that kite main chori chupke apnee kidnee dotate te nahin kar davan ga as she is very possesive reg me and my future but now its very difficult to convince her as now days donar alone cant donate the kidney cuz laws have become very stirct reg this as theis whole family has to sign the affidavit of consent which is turn video recorded so that there is no comlication afternmath  .

so plz advice me what should i do to help and also atleast try to convince my mother atleast if i die somehow plz do this karam atlest .

need your ugent reply veero and aslo plz try to do something regarding this law of donation cuz kine genunie donars donate karen toon reh jande hain.

lets start alest a mohim to amend atlest this law .

I advice your legal adviser to look into this matter and try to work on law amendment

looking for urgent and prompt reply

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee ki fatheh  

tuhada sewak

Preet Singh

IDEAL Singh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IDEAL Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22September2003 at 5:46am

You are pursuing a very noble cauz... here iz some information that may help in your quest... contact information iz given at the end below.

For Kidney Donorz

Would you like to be a Donor?

You can donate a kidney when you are alive or you can register for organ donation and carry a donor card for the donation of your kidney on your demise. In the latter case, donation depends on the cause of death and on how quickly your kin and treating doctors arrange for the harvest of organs.

Being a Live Donor

Who can donate a kidney?
  • Anyone who is generally healthy and has two fully functioning kidneys can be a live donor.
  • Your tissue type should match that of the patient.

What is the advantage of donating a live Kidney?

To the donor, there is no discomfort. If his other kidney is healthy, it is adequate to perform all kidney functions. To the recipient the benefits are many:

• The patient does not have to join the long queue for the availability of a kidney.
  • The quality of the organ tends to be superior to that of a kidney removed from a cadaver. The organ spends minimum time in storage.
  • The success rate of live kidney transplant is high.

What is the surgical procedure the donor has to undergo and what are the possible complications?

Surgery

A ten inch long cut is made on the stomach ( or on the side) on the left or right depending on the kidney to be removed. This is done under general anaesthesia. The surgeon cuts through three layers of tissue. The kidney is taken out and the donor is stitched up. The procedure takes about four hours. After the operation, the patient is given painkillers, nourishment is given intravenally and a catheter is used for urine collection. A weeks hospital stay is essential.

Alternatively, laparascopic removal is also possible. Here the cut is smaller, the operation is less invasive and requires shorter hospital stay. However this procedure is not as common as surgery.

Complications

In India racketeering in organs was rampant in the early nineties. Poor people were tempted to sell their kidneys for a few thousand rupees by middlemen who made huge profits. Apart from the moral issues, poor aftercare was reported for donors.

However, if the operation is done in a hospital of good standing, there are no major risks involved, if the donor is generally healthy.

• The donor has to cope with pain and is usually hospitalised for a week or so. By this time, he or she is able to walk and use the toilet without help.
  • He or she has to guard against infection in the area of incision.
  • As with any surgery under anaesthesia, the possibility of catching pneumonia exists.
  • Collapsed lung. The kidney is close to the lung, and the pleura, the space around the lung, may be accidentally opened during surgery. If so, the lung may collapse. In such a case, a tube is inserted in the chest to expand the lung.

Registering for Organ Donation

There a few organisations in India where you can register for kidney donation. Multi Organ Harvesting Aid Network ( MOHAN) Foundation is one. You can contact the following addresses, fill in a form and get yourself a donor card.

MOHAN Foundation
Post Box No. 7155
Chennai-600 102
email: shroff@giasmd01.vsnl.net.in

MOHAN Foundation,A-81, Anna Nagar, Chennai-600 102
or
MOHAN Foundation,P.O. Box No.16775, Sion (W),
Mumbai - 400 022.

However, remember, whether you have the card or not, your kin must permit the removal of organs at the time of death. If they object, your organs cannot be removed.

Dos and Donts for Kidney patients:

Whatever treatment option you prefer, or whatever stage your kidney disease is in, here are some things you have to watch out for:
  • If you have diabetes, watch your blood sugar closely to keep it under control. Consult your doctor for the latest in treatment.
  • Have your blood pressure checked regularly. You should get your doctors advice on how best this should be kept under control.
  • Avoid pain killers or other drugs that may make your kidney disease worse. Check with your doctor before taking any medicine.
  • Diet restrictions: Some types of foods make things worse for a kidney patient. You may be asked to restrict the salt in your food. Salt contains sodium and this steps up your blood pressure. Potassium is another mineral ( Found in fruits) that you may have to restrict.
    You should keep a check on your cholesterol levels. Cholesterol narrows the arteries and affects proper blood circulation.
    Your protein intake will have to be watched. Healthy kidneys can retain protein when filtering out wastes. However, problem kidneys will not be able to do this efficiently. More proteins in the diet means more work for the kidneys. Yet, protein is essential for the body. Seek your doctors advice.
  • You may need to be treated for anaemia. Healthy kidneys make the hormone EPO, which stimulates the bones to make red blood cells. Diseased kidneys may not make enough EPO. This has to be supplemented.
  • Increase Your Awareness
Prevention

Here are some safeguards against kidney disease:
  • Control your blood pressure.
  • If you are a diabetic, ensure tight control of your blood sugar levels.
  • Eat a well-balanced diet and exercise regularly.
  • Drink plenty of fluids (6-8 glasses of water per day).
  • Do not overuse over-the-counter medications.
  • Treat wounds and infections; follow your doctors instructions.
  • Limit exposure to heavy metals and toxic chemicals.

Check out thiz link :: 

http://www.webhealthcentre.com/general/rd_donor.asp

This haz all the inforamtion you require... best of luck... & Regardz...

Aman

Edited by aman

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22September2003 at 6:59am
Originally posted by preetsingh preetsingh wrote:

waheguru jee da khalsa waheguru jee di fatheh

Veerjeo main ek Solution waste eh Post Kar rehan hainplz mere is dubidha da nivaran karo jee.

Meri we sochini tuhade lokan wakan hai .I have also pleged that all my Organ After my Death should be donated and je eh sharir we kisi medical college noo cheer phad waste dita jaye.and I make you witness of my pleadge cuz if any one one of you come on my death plz tell my family to do this if they resist some how.

Main Eh Likhan te es waste Mazboor ho gayan hain kiyonki last week  meri mulakat ek bande nal hoyee jis noo  KIDNEY  di lod se because us diyaan both the Kidneys Got failed and he is on dialasysis and now situation is if he doesn't get any kidney he may die and he is only bread earner for the family cuz his dad is alredy has sever heart attack and mother is a sugar patient so both cannot give but though he can get the kidney of any blood group as he is AB+ which is universal reciepnt

so now my problem is that i wnat to give him my own kidney but my family members dont allow as firsly i am only child and i stay with my mother as dad is seprated and my mom has raised me with gr8 struggle so now she doesnot want me to do any such thing and is very tense as thinks that kite main chori chupke apnee kidnee dotate te nahin kar davan ga as she is very possesive reg me and my future but now its very difficult to convince her as now days donar alone cant donate the kidney cuz laws have become very stirct reg this as theis whole family has to sign the affidavit of consent which is turn video recorded so that there is no comlication afternmath  .

so plz advice me what should i do to help and also atleast try to convince my mother atleast if i die somehow plz do this karam atlest .

need your ugent reply veero and aslo plz try to do something regarding this law of donation cuz kine genunie donars donate karen toon reh jande hain.

lets start alest a mohim to amend atlest this law .

I advice your legal adviser to look into this matter and try to work on law amendment

looking for urgent and prompt reply

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee ki fatheh  

tuhada sewak

Preet Singh

Mere pyare veer preet ji....

Menu pata nahi aapji di problem da ki jawab devaan...but aapji da passion vekh ke dil khush ho gaya hai ji....mann karda hai aapji nu personaly milan...veer aapji da dard theek hai but aapji di mother apni jagah theek ne coz she has lots of hopes from u ji....I know that she should support u in this noble cause but u can't blame her she is doing this out of insecurity which is there in her mind coz she has lost ur dad...she has no one eccept u to support her...i guess she is really emotionally very weak...Har maa da eh reaction obvious hai ji...coz har maa mata gujri nahi ho sakdi mere veer....I appreciate ur devotion but menu nahi pata ki esda ki alternative ho sakda hai ji....can anyone put some lite on it...i'll be glad if someone is able to satisfy Preet ji....

Bhul Chuk Maaf ji

Regards

drharmanps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drharmanps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29September2003 at 9:49am

Dear LTians,

Anyone (blood group B+) who wants to donate one kidney to a girl (blood group B+) with both kidneys failed, contact me : 98111 09636

Take a step further in this humble cause.

Have a nice day

stevesmall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevesmall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26January2006 at 1:25pm

Hello Friends,

URGENT required a B+ Kidney for my mom.. any body interested can conatct me at rajkiran16@rediffmail.com

Please make it asap!!! as we dont have much time....

Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27January2006 at 2:36am

Sat Sri Akaal ji and Welcome Stevesmall ji to LT Family forum. Our best wishes and prayers are with you and your mom. May Waheguru bless your mom good health and fulfill all your wishes. Please pay our regards and love to your dear mom. I hope LT family's post and Waheguru's blessing bring your family happiness and health to your dear mom. Rab da pyar Bhara Hath tuwadhe parivar nal rahei Ji.

Best wishes and regards.

Rab Rakha

Khoji

Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27January2006 at 3:51am
Welcome to the LT family SteveSmall ji...I can understand the pain u r going thru....veer if i m not wrong in India there is a rule that only a family member or blood relations can donat his/her kidney? so I think u should seek someone from ur family or u can also register urself in some big hospital like AIIMS where people can get kidney of some accident victims but that availability is by chance....

Our best wishes are with u and ur family dear...

Regards 
js paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27January2006 at 10:23am

what a beautiful day in my life. first time i find this page and  become member and from the last 2 days it  was in my mind to   do this and now  finding it. me is from germany and already  holding a card  for whole body denoting and having lot of  relations in jalandar and want to convince them to denote, but dont know from where they can get this card. who can help me to give the add. if possible  from julundur.

best wishes paul

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28January2006 at 9:17am

Gur fateh ji and welcome to the LT family Dear JS Paul ji....we all are so glad to have u as a member of our Living Treasure family...its ur greatness that u have already registered urself to be a donor after death....

Hope u'll share ur precious views on other topics regularly ji...

REgards

Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29January2006 at 5:23pm
 Paul Ji, i want to say welcome and congratulate you for your decision. It shows a lot of courage that you already possess a card to donate your organs after death. For lot of people it seems scary to even think about it or take this in consideration...
js paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote js paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30January2006 at 11:13am

but my purpose is not solved- i mean the address from Jalandar-panjab, to get this card.pl.

paul and thnkx .to M -girl and Mr. Jujahr for response to my Qry.

Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30January2006 at 2:47pm
 Paul ji, i cant help you with the address, maybe some of the other members know the address or can find out for you. If anyone can help, please share, in advance....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic