TheLivingTreasure Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Current Affairs > All Current Affairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY
    Posted: 22 November 2003 at 11:49am

FATEH TO ALL!!

WARNING: READING THIS POST MAY TAKE SOMEWHAT MORE TIME. KINDLY CO-OPERATE

LET’S DISCUSS VARIOUS ASPECTS OF HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY…

Although whole of god’s creation is fascinating, I think BRAIN is one of the most wonderful creations-although I am no medical student, I feel medical science is yet to unveil many of the mysteries regarding functioning of brain.

We don’t even realize which incidents shape our thinking, behaviour and (dis) qualities.

I would like to share 2 prsnl. examples which I have analyzed-

When I was probably 4-5 years old, I had used a lot of plain, white paper for making a ‘hotel ‘–chairs, tables etc. While I was very excited showing it to my mother, she told me why I needed to waste so much of usable paper-I should have used paper from an old filled notebook.

Now, since my schooldays, I am in habit of saving paper-backsides of newspaper ads, paper from old but partially filled notebooks binded together and virtually anything I could lay my hands on. This practice has continued even in my college life. I suddenly realized only a few days back that this could very much be because of that particular childhood incident!!

1. My father is never very comfortable with gadgets and is always telling us not to open anything electrical or otherwise-we all think he is over precautious.

Sometime back, in course of normal conversation, he told us one of his childhood incidents:

As a young boy, he was in the habit of opening and studying stuff. As a 12 year old boy, he had opened a stop watch but couldn’t reassemble it properly-the watch went out of order. He was scolded badly for his misendeavour-that very day he swore not to touch any gadget.

I think even he doesn’t realize this as the reason for his present over cautious approach.

I think there can be hundreds of such examples in everybody’s life and they really offer us a very valuable insight into why we behave the way we do. If we analyze our life from a psycho point of view, we can understand ourselves better and even try and overcome our fears and insecurities by going to the root cause.

I feel that brain is like a computer hard disc-every incident gets recorded there permanently- we remember it or not is a different matter.

I also wonder HOW BRAIN CONTROL OUR EMOTIONS- all other functions like release of juices in our body etc can be quantified chemically but:

CAN OUR FEELINGS BE ALSO QUANTIFIED- LIKE HOW MUCH WE LIKE OR HATE SOMEBODY DEPENDS ON SPECIFIC CHEMICALS BEING RELEASED IN OUR BRAIN AND CAN WE OVERCOME, SAY HATRED, BY OUR WILLPOWER (AND THEREBY CONTROLLING THE EMOTIONS)

IS MENTAL STRENGTH ALSO CONTROLLED BY CHEMICALS?

I would love to hear on this esp. from medical students or practising doctors like Dr. Harman vji. Also, we all can share our self analysis of our behaviour.

Humbly yours

jass

sukss View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2003 at 1:02pm

Great thoughts Jass ji....I agree with u that we dont actually know ourselves. I also agree with u that, if we try to study our behaviour patterns carefully, we may find some astonishing facts about its working. I think thats wat spirituality also teaches us i.e. to introspect....to think wat we do. you are also absolutely right that we can also overcome many of our shortcommings our fears just by reading ourselves carefully. Infact thats wat Gurubani teaches us, it teaches us to read our actions and thereby enables us to win-over our vikars i.e. Kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, ahamkaar.

Humbly

Sukhbir Singh
vimal_bagga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vimal_bagga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2012 at 10:27am
Satshriakaal Sangat ,
                                  Asi ethe eh samjhan di koshish karni ha ki Brain{Dimaag} ate  Mind{Mann} dovein vakh vakh cheezan ne.Mann ki ha? Mann vichar ha...a pool of thoughts.If you will control thoughts your Mind than automatically your Brain will come under your control..otherwise Brain will do anything like a mad elephant....."Apni gatt jo chale vichad chottan khaye " oh fer pagal hathi vaang idhar udhar takran marda rehnda ha te direction less hoya ik din khatam ho janda ha.

Bani vich Guru sahib ji kehnde ne 'mann sadhe sidh hoye" je mann tuhade vass vich ha, theek ha tuhadiyan thoughts achian ne te Brain ohi karega jo mann chahunda ha..fer tuhada  sharir tuhada  gulam ban janda ha...aes layi guru roopi gyan naal judo atey apne mann,dimag te sharir nu vass vich karde hoye waheguru vich sama jao.

Dhanwad!!
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2012 at 5:00am
Thanks Vimal ji for sharing your kind wisdom
�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
Request- This is Everyone's forum, so please participate in it by posting...
pammi pammi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pammi pammi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2012 at 5:08am
Bi wah Dr. Vimal Saab, Swad aa gya aap g dey Vichaar a
tey Vyakhya sunn k.
Thanx & regards PammiClap
vimal_bagga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vimal_bagga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2012 at 8:34am
Thanks to all..Waheguru ji da khasa,Waheguru ji di fateh !
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 4:40pm
Amazing, isn't it, how some people see the basket half
empty and others see it half full?  Some see life hopeless,
others hopeful.  Even when things are less than perfect, if
you can think of the good, the beautiful, the hopeful,
you'll be more than sustained--you'll conquer.

If we give it an attitude of appreciation and gratitude, life gives us more things to be thankful for.  If we look at each thing for exactly what it IS rather than what it's MISSING, we'll see that our lives are filled with an abundance that we hardly can imagine.  If we accept people for what they do rather than judge them for what they don't do, we'll find our relationships strengthening and growing and becoming something more than they ever were.

We see things as half empty when we allow our fear to control us--our fear that something soon will be completely empty and we'll have to do without, or we won't be able to provide for our loved ones.  We have to let go of that fear and focus on the fact that we have enough for now, and we can trust that tomorrow will bring us more--in its own way--if we're to live our lives in a happy, healthy way.

Questions to consider:

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full?  Are you afraid that a half-empty glass will soon be gone, or are you glad that you have half a glass of something to enjoy?

How do the "half-empty" people affect you when you're around them?  Are their views generally positive?

Is it realistic to expect that all of our glasses should
be full all the time?

Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic