TheLivingTreasure Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > All General Discussions > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inspirational Stories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 373839
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keerat2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05February2015 at 4:42am
A cruise ship met with an incident at sea, on the ship was a pair of couple, after having made their way to the lifeboat, they realized that there was only space for one person left.

At this moment, the man pushed the woman behind him and jumped onto the lifeboat himself.

The lady stood on the sinking ship and shouted one sentence to her husband.

The teacher stopped and asked, "What do you think she shouted?"

Most of the students excitedly answered, "I hate you! I was blind!"

Now, the teacher noticed a boy who was silent throughout, she got him to answer and he replied, "Teacher, I believe she would have shouted - Take care of our child!"

The teacher was surprised, asking "Have you heard this story before?"

The boy shook his head, "Nope, but that was what my mum told my dad before she died to disease".

The teacher lamented, "The answer is right".

The cruise sunk, the man went home and brought up their daughter single-handedly.

Many years later after the death of the man, their daughter found his diary while tidying his belongings.

It turns out that when parents went onto the cruise ship, the mother was already diagnosed with a terminal illness.
At the critical moment, the father rushed to the only chance of survival.

He wrote in his diary, "How I wished to sink to the bottom of the ocean with you, but for the sake of our daughter, I can only let you lie forever below the sea alone".

The story is finished, the class was silent.

The teacher knows that the student has understood the moral of the story, that of the good and the evil in the world, there are many complications behind them which are hard to understand.

Which is why we should never only focus on the surface and judge others without understanding them first.

Those who like to pay the bill, do so not because they are loaded but because they value friendship above money.

Those who take the initiative at work, do so not because they are stupid but because they understand the concept of responsibility.

Those who apologizes first after a fight, do so not because they are wrong but because they value the people around them.

Those who are willing to help you, do so not because they owe you any thing but because they see you as a true friend.

Those who often text you, do so not because they have nothing better to do but because you are in their heart.
One day, all of us will get separated from each other; we will miss our conversations of everything & nothing; the dreams that we had. Days will pass by, months, years, until this contact becomes rare... One day our children will see our pictures and ask 'Who are these people?' And we will smile with invisible tears because a heart is touched with a strong word and you will say: 'IT WAS THEM THAT I HAD THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE WITH'.
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05February2015 at 5:14am
Good one
�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
Request- This is Everyone's forum, so please participate in it by posting...
Ur Frnd - Jaspreet View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06February2015 at 1:04am
Too Good One Keerat Ji :)

I am proud to declare that my 4 year old daughter is becoming the Most Unique Child in the World because I allow nobody to scold her, beat her or touch her in case she does anything which others think is wrong :) Most others do not stop to understand that these foolish ways of scolding, beating, tricks, etc. do not work in REAL WORLD because you never end up getting what you truly wanted to accomplish with such foolish games :)

As per these others, she need to learn some lessons hard way and as per my wisdom, she already has brought to me great lessons from LIFE ITSELF. 

When she breaks something, LIFE teaches it was not yours at all :)

When she screams at our wrong doings, LIFE teaches do not over-commit or artificial expectations or undue disturbance without valueing the experiments which this child is doing with Life and Its Miraculous Things :)

A Child has almost zero background of negatives done in past in the mind and so every action is spontaneous and natural based on what you put in his / her experiences of life :) Its just a reflection of your true life :) 
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12February2015 at 2:41am

कमी में भी गुण देखना

बहुत समय पहले की बात है , किसी गाँव में एक किसान रहता था . वह रोज़ भोर में उठकर दूर झरनों से स्वच्छ पानी लेने जाया करता था . इस काम के लिए वह अपने साथ दो बड़े घड़े ले जाता था , जिन्हें वो डंडे में बाँध कर अपने कंधे पर दोनों ओर लटका लेता था .

उनमे से एक घड़ा कहीं से फूटा हुआ था ,और दूसरा एक दम सही था . इस वजह से रोज़ घर पहुँचते -पहुचते किसान के पास डेढ़ घड़ा पानी ही बच पाता था .ऐसा दो सालों से चल रहा था .

सही घड़े को इस बात का घमंड था कि वो पूरा का पूरा पानी घर पहुंचता है और उसके अन्दर कोई कमी नहीं है , वहीँ दूसरी तरफ फूटा घड़ा इस बात से शर्मिंदा रहता था कि वो आधा पानी ही घर तक पंहुचा पाता है और किसान की मेहनत बेकार चली जाती है . फूटा घड़ा ये सब सोच कर बहुत परेशान रहने लगा और एक दिन उससे रहा नहीं गया , उसने किसान से कहा , “ मैं खुद पर शर्मिंदा हूँ और आपसे क्षमा मांगना चाहता हूँ ?”

“क्यों ? “ , किसान ने पूछा , “ तुम किस बात से शर्मिंदा हो ?”

“शायद आप नहीं जानते पर मैं एक जगह से फूटा हुआ हूँ , और पिछले दो सालों से मुझे जितना पानी घर पहुँचाना चाहिए था बस उसका आधा ही पहुंचा पाया हूँ , मेरे अन्दर ये बहुत बड़ी कमी है , और इस वजह से आपकी मेहनत बर्वाद होती रही है .”, फूटे घड़े ने दुखी होते हुए कहा.

किसान को घड़े की बात सुनकर थोडा दुःख हुआ और वह बोला , “ कोई बात नहीं , मैं चाहता हूँ कि आज लौटते वक़्त तुम रास्ते में पड़ने वाले सुन्दर फूलों को देखो .”

घड़े ने वैसा ही किया , वह रास्ते भर सुन्दर फूलों को देखता आया , ऐसा करने से उसकी उदासी कुछ दूर हुई पर घर पहुँचते – पहुँचते फिर उसके अन्दर से आधा पानी गिर चुका था, वो मायूस हो गया और किसान से क्षमा मांगने लगा .

किसान बोला ,” शायद तुमने ध्यान नहीं दिया पूरे रास्ते में जितने भी फूल थे वो बस तुम्हारी तरफ ही थे , सही घड़े की तरफ एक भी फूल नहीं था . ऐसा इसलिए क्योंकि मैं हमेशा से तुम्हारे अन्दर की कमी को जानता था , और मैंने उसका लाभ उठाया . मैंने तुम्हारे तरफ वाले रास्ते पर रंग -बिरंगे फूलों के बीज बो दिए थे , तुम रोज़ थोडा-थोडा कर के उन्हें सींचते रहे और पूरे रास्ते को इतना खूबसूरत बना दिया . आज तुम्हारी वजह से ही मैं इन फूलों को भगवान को अर्पित कर पाता हूँ और अपना घर सुन्दर बना पाता हूँ . तुम्ही सोचो अगर तुम जैसे हो वैसे नहीं होते तो भला क्या मैं ये सब कुछ कर पाता ?”

सीख-दोस्तों हम सभी के अन्दर कोई ना कोई कमी होती है , पर यही कमियां हमें अनोखा बनाती हैं . उस किसान की तरह हमें भी हर किसी को वो जैसा है वैसे ही स्वीकारना चाहिए और उसकी अच्छाई की तरफ ध्यान देना चाहिए, और जब हम ऐसा करेंगे तब “फूटा घड़ा” भी “अच्छे घड़े” से मूल्यवान हो जायेगा.

�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
Rafiq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rafiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12February2015 at 6:01am
wah kiya baat hai!!!
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12February2015 at 11:50pm
Great Story Jujhar Veer :)

I learnt that whenever I see something bad in others, I can also choose to see what is good in it :) After all its about the choice :) And may be better if I can assist that person / thing to be useful to every one in some way :)

A great story, rather a great mind opener story for me to add a new view of looking at old things. Thank you :)
sunnyjs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyjs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13February2015 at 10:19am
thanks a lot Jujhar veer for the great story....!
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20February2015 at 1:54am
Ty ji
keerat2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keerat2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24February2015 at 5:59am
DEFINITION OF QUALITY TIME NARRATED BY A LADY THROUGH HER EXPERIENCE:-

My husband has a demanding job. He leaves the house early in the morning, before the kids are awake and will come back home a little before supper time.

One of my big worries when we decided to have kids was that I'd be a "married single parent." We discussed it and he promised to be there as much as possible and that I wouldn't feel alone. He followed through his promise, he spends 90% of his free time with us. I was still very worried because the kids only spend about 15 hours a week with him while they spend all their time with me (stay at home mom.) However, this week end my 3 year old just proved me otherwise.

My husband was telling him that he'd become a geologist because he loves rocks and I said "nah, he'll become an engineer because he loves to understand and solve things." My son replies to both of us "nope, I want to be a dad, just like daddy." My husband asks him "what does a daddy do?" He says "a daddy plays with his babies, picks them up, puts them on his shoulder, reads them good night stories and gives them hugs." Instant smile and tears on both of us.

It kind of made me realize that it's not the time spent with a person but the quality of the time you spend with that person. My son could have said he wanted to be an (insert job here) like his dad since he knows what his dad does but he choose to pick the "profession" he sees his dad do. I'm do proud of those two.

So in life, always give the best quality time to the person you're spending time with, those are the moment they remember.

On a different note, my daughter still wants to be a tomato when she grows up (2 year olds sometimes...)

satvinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satvinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07April2015 at 3:57am
Hope you take time to read this story 😃 ! Long but worth a read !

A cruise ship met with an incident at sea, on the ship was a pair of couple, after having made their way to the lifeboat, they realized that there was only space for one person left.

At this moment, the man pushed the woman behind him and jumped onto the lifeboat himself.

The lady stood on the sinking ship and shouted one sentence to her husband.

The teacher stopped and asked, "What do you think she shouted?"

Most of the students excitedly answered, "I hate you! I was blind!"

Now, the teacher noticed a boy who was silent throughout, she got him to answer and he replied, "Teacher, I believe she would have shouted - Take care of our child!"

The teacher was surprised, asking "Have you heard this story before?"

The boy shook his head, "Nope, but that was what my mum told my dad before she died to disease".

The teacher lamented, "The answer is right".

The cruise sunk, the man went home and brought up their daughter single-handedly.

Many years later after the death of the man, their daughter found his diary while tidying his belongings.

It turns out that when parents went onto the cruise ship, the mother was already diagnosed with a terminal illness.
At the critical moment, the father rushed to the only chance of survival.

He wrote in his diary, "How I wished to sink to the bottom of the ocean with you, but for the sake of our daughter, I can only let you lie forever below the sea alone".

The story is finished, the class was silent.

The teacher knows that the student has understood the moral of the story, that of the good and the evil in the world, there are many complications behind them which are hard to understand.

Which is why we should never only focus on the surface and judge others without understanding them first.

Those who like to pay the bill, do so not because they are loaded but because they value friendship above money.

Those who take the initiative at work, do so not because they are stupid but because they understand the concept of responsibility.

Those who apologizes first after a fight, do so not because they are wrong but because they value the people around them.

Those who are willing to help you, do so not because they owe you any thing but because they see you as a true friend.

Those who often text you, do so not because they have nothing better to do but because you are in their heart.

One day, all of us will get separated from each other; we will miss our conversations of everything & nothing; the dreams that we had. Days will pass by, months, years, until this contact becomes rare... One day our children will see our pictures and ask 'Who are these people?' And we will smile with invisible tears because a heart is touched with a strong word and you will say: 'IT WAS THEM THAT I HAD THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE WITH'.
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08April2015 at 12:09am
Amazing Story Satvinder Ji :) 

Every time I read it, I like it even more :)
satvinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satvinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08April2015 at 2:05am
thnx ji....same here.Theres a lot of learning in it.
satvinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote satvinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08April2015 at 2:56am
THE STRINGS--
Father is flying a kite. His son is watching him carefully.
After some time son says " Dad, Because of the string the kite is not able to go any further higher. "
Hearing this, the father smiles and breaks the string.
The kite goes higher after breaking of the thread and then shortly after that it comes and falls on the ground.
The child is very dejected and sad.

The father sits next to him and calmly explains;
" Son, in life we reach a certain level of prosperity and then we feel that there are certain things in our life that are not letting us grow any further like Home, Family, Culture Friendship etc. We feel we want to be free from those STRINGS which we believe are stopping us from going higher.
But, remember son. Going higher is easier than staying at the higher level.
And friends, family and culture etc are the things that will help us stay stable at the high heights that we have achieved. If we try to break away from those STRINGS our condition will be similar to that of kite."

Moral;
" never go away from culture, family, friends and relationships as they help keep you stable while you are flying high."

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL ENJOY IT.
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08April2015 at 4:05am
Thats a wonderful clicking example. Short and clear... :)

To me life is like putting a thread in a needle. If I inculcate a few qualities of patience, focus and persistence, it becomes simple and easier every time, every day :)
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08April2015 at 4:43am
Good one
satvinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satvinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21April2015 at 7:14am
🔨WOOD CUTTER🔨

Once upon a time, a very strong woodcutter asked for a job in a timber merchant and he got it. 

The pay was really good and so was the work condition. For those reasons, the woodcutter was determined to do his best. His boss gave him an axe and showed him the area where he supposed to work.The first day, the woodcutter brought 18 trees.

“Congratulations,” the boss said. “Go on that way!

”Very motivated by the boss words, the woodcutter tried harder the next day, but he could only bring 15 trees. 
The third day he tried even harder, but he could only bring 10 trees.

Day after day he was bringing less and less trees.

“I must be losing my strength”, the woodcutter thought.

He went to the boss and apologized, saying that he could not understand what was going on.

“When was the last time you sharpened your axe?” the boss asked.

“Sharpen? I had no time to sharpen my axe. I have been very busy trying to cut trees…”
😌Reflection:

Our lives are like that. We sometimes get so busy that we don’t take time to sharpen the “axe”.

In today’s world, it seems that everyone is busier than ever, but less happy that ever.

Why is that?

Could it be that we have forgotten how to stay “sharp”?

There’s nothing wrong with activity and hard work but we should not get so busy that we neglect the truly important things in life, like 
👉our personal lives, 
👉taking time to get close to our Creator, 
👉giving more time for our family,
👉taking time to read etc.

We all need time
💥to relax,
💥to think and meditate,
💥to learn and grow.

If we don’t take the time to sharpen the “axe”, we will become dull and lose our effectiveness.

Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22April2015 at 12:19am
Exactly Satvinder Ji...

Thats why I have a daily regime of writing 30 minutes on important questions like I spend time defining and refining my personal definition of words "success", "failure", "good", "bad", "right", "wrong", etc. The more I write and define and refine these words DAILY, my own clarity of these words GET SHARPER, and the better I get at seeing what is happening as failure or success and faster I make a move to steer my way right... :)

I also have a fixed 30 minutes reading regime... :) 

1 hour and wonderful life for remaining 23 hours every day :)
satvinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satvinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23April2015 at 2:37am
thats wonderful jaspreetji...
satvinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satvinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23April2015 at 2:47am
There is a story of about a sea Captain who in his retirement skippered a boat taking day-trippers to  Islands.

On one trip, the boat was full of young people. They laughed at the old captain when they saw him say a prayer before sailing out, because the day was fine and the sea was calm.

However they weren't long at sea when a storm suddenly blew up and the boat began to roll & pitch violently. The terrified passengers came to the captain and asked him to join them in prayer.

But he replied, "I say my prayers when it's calm. When it's rough I attend to my ship."

Here is a lesson for us......

If we cannot seek God in quiet moments of our lives; we are not likely to find him when trouble strikes. We are more likely to panic.
But if we have learnt to seek him and trust him in quiet moments, then most certainly we will find him when the going gets rough!
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24April2015 at 12:24am
Thats a Wonderful Message Satvinder Ji...

In Step 3 of my 13 Steps program, I ask participants to pray 3 times a day in a way that you are THANKFUL FOR ALREADY HAVE GOT WHAT YOU WANT IN YOUR LIFE...

Its like just placed an online order for a TV and now you are thankful because you know the TV is on its way... So whatever you want, pray 3 times as if you have already got it and you are really feeling and saying THANK YOU because its already DONE FOR YOU and now its on its way... :)

The real life magic of this activity is that remaining time people are better able to CONCENTRATE ON THEIR DAILY ACTIVITY OF LIFE . I call it "PEACEFUL ACTIVITY". Every thing is achieved NOT by reading, NOT by listening, NOT by talking, NOT by believing, NOT by anything else but only by PEACEFUL ACTIVITY which the Captain in above story demonstrated :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 373839
  Share Topic