TheLivingTreasure Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Current Affairs > All Current Affairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

jokes on sardars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tejbir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28April2005 at 6:07am

first of all gr8 reply from Sheebaa g the matter u posted was really fabulous; awesome; i m not getting d words to express d feeling i m here with.

simply gr8 reply sheebaa g  n welcome to LT Forum from my side.

i strongly agree the vupoint u gave to us all.

We can be Happy or WE can be Right!!!

Choice is ours...
sheebbaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheebbaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01May2005 at 9:43am

thank you salina ji and tejbir ji ....

its a great feeling to be appriciated in this way ....

thats why i enjoy this forum so much... we all have so much to share and i just enjoy what every body has to say ......so warm and with so much with "apnapan"

we are one big great close family!

Tejbir View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tejbir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21May2005 at 2:18am

thats gr8 of u tht u like to visit here n give some valueabe thoughts which can really help someone or the other n also everyone in this forum is availabe to assist anyone needed anytime.....

this is what i believe.......

we usually try provide the best possible way wioth the help of Gurbani.....

great work LT........

We can be Happy or WE can be Right!!!

Choice is ours...
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17August2005 at 2:28am

Please read this story on why there are 12O'clock Jokes.

For all of you who thought 12 o Clock is a joke for Sardar.

I was standing at railway Station (New Delhi) when my attention went towards a Sikh youth standing near me wearing a Black turban having a long beard and wearing a kirpan over his shirt.

After a while, one local train arrived, which was totally packed. The Sikh youth tried to get on the train but failed to do so. Just then a voice was heard from the back coach 'Sardarji Barah Baj gaye' (Sir it's 12 o'clock!)

The Sikh youth looked over at that voice maker who was a young mischievous type of person and instead of showing any anger made a smile towards him.

The smile made was so enigmatic that it seemed as if some type of truth lies behind it. Not able to resist my temptation, I walked towards him and asked why he smiled at that person who teased him. The Sikh youth replied, 'He was not teasing me but was asking for my Help'.

I was surprised with these words and he told me that there was a big history behind that which one should know. I was eager to know the History and the Sikh youth narrated:

During 17th Century, when Hindustan was ruled by Mughals, all the Hindu people were humiliated and were treated like animals. Mughals treated the Hindu women as there own property and were forcing all Hindus to accept Islam and even used to kill the people if they were refusing to accept. That time, our ninth Guru, Sri Guru Teg Bhadarji came forward, in response to a request of some Kashmir Pandits to fight against all these cruel activities.

Guruji told the Mughal emperor that if he could succeed in converting him to Islam, all the Hindus would accept the same. But, if he failed, he should stop all those activities . The Mughal emperor happily agreed to that but even after lots of torture to Guruji and his fellow members he failed to convert him to Islam and Guruji along with his other four fellow members, were tortured and sacrificed their lives in Chandni Chowk. Since the Mughals were unable to convert them to Islam they were assassinated.

Thus Guruji sacrificed his life for the protection of Hindu religion. Can anybody lay down his life and that too for the protection of another religion? This is the reason he is still remembered as "Hind Ki Chaddar", shield of India. For the sake of whom he had sacrificed his life, none of the them came forward to lift his body, fearing that they would also be assassinated.

Seeing this incident our 10th Guruji, Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji (Son of Guru Teg Bahadarji) made a resolution that he would convert his followers to such human beings who would not be able to hide themselves and could be easily located in thousands.

At the start, the Sikhs were very few in numbers as they were fighting against the Mughal emperors. At that time, Nadir Shah raided Delhi in the year 1739 and looted Hindustan and was carrying lot of Hindustan treasures and nearly 2200 Hindu women along with him. The news spread like a fire and was heard by Sardar Jassa Singh who was the Commander of the Sikh army at that time . He decided to attack Nadir Shah's Kafila on the same midnight.

He did so and rescued all the Hindu women and they were safely sent to their homes. It didn't happen only once but thereafter whenever any Abdaalis or Iranis had attacked and looted Hindustan and were trying to carry the treasures and Hindu women along with them for selling them in Abdal markets, the Sikh army although fewer in numbers but were brave hearted and attacked them at midnight,12 O'clock and rescued women.

After that time when there occurred a similar incidence, people started to contact the Sikh army for their help and Sikhs used to attack the raider's at Midnight, 12 O'clock. It continued and became a known fact that at midnight, nearly at 12 O'clock, it is very difficult to fight against Sikhs as the Sikhs get some Extra Power to save Religion, Nation and Humanity.

Nobody can fight and win against them at midnight; this continues till now. Nowadays, these "smart people" and some Sikh enemies who are afraid of Sikhs, have spread these words that at 12 O'clock, the Sikhs go out of their senses. This historic fact was the reason which made me smile over that person as I thought that his Mother or Sister would be in trouble and wants my help and was reminding me by saying off 'Sardarji Barah Baj Gaye'

As he was narrating the incident I was feeling ashamed of myself as I used to click and enjoy the jokes on Sikhs and too made fun of them. But now I have got the truth that these Sikhs are born for others and they are real patriotic to Humanity and Religion. What are we all doing to these great Saints and Soldiers ???? Instead of thanking them, we all are making fun.

Earlier the Sikh youth appeared as a Terrorist but now I could see the reflection of real Patriotic person in him.

Written by Jagjit Singh

Edited by Peacekeeper
Ur Frnd - Jaspreet View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18February2010 at 4:20am
Great topic...
Gurbachan Singh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gurbachan Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15March2010 at 10:59pm

Sardar tujhe salaam

Vijay Nair is an organisational coach, consultant, fiction writer, critic and theatre director. A collection of his plays and a novel have been published.

Vijay Nair

Posted On Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 07:31:56 PM

Nothing has saddened me more in recent times as the brutal slaying of the two Sikhs by the Taliban and their subsequent vicious gesture of sending the mutilated bodies to a gurudwara in Pakistan . Sikhs have always been a part of my life from the time I was growing up in a cosmopolitan town. We had Sikh neighbours, Sikh classmates and Sikh friends. Bad jokes about Sardars were our staple diet and we usually cracked the Barah baj gaye ones in their presence. It’s all kind of baffling in retrospect.  For I have never met a dumb Sardar in my life.

I have known hard working Sardars, Sardars with business acumen, mild and affable Sardars, sturdy and macho Sardars who opted to be in the police or armed forces and Sardars who own dhabas that serve yummy food. And yes, I know of a Sardar who is undoubtedly the most civil and upright Prime Minister this nation has known. You can have difficulty in comprehending some of Manmohan Singh’s policies, but I doubt if even the opposition parties can find fault with the gentleman’s personhood. A Sardar is also an integral part of the literary background of this nation and sometimes we find it difficult to separate him from the history of Indian writing in English. I am talking about the irreprisible Khushwant Singh of course, who at 95 continues to be an icon and his book, Train to Pakistan , a must read for any aspiring novelist.

It’s difficult to understand when and why other religious affiliations started alienating the Sikhs, not just as it turns out in this country but in the sub continent as well. We all know about the festering couldron Punjab had turned out to be in the 80’s and the bitter aftermath that resulted in Operation Bluestar and the assassination of Indira Gandhi. But surely the policy of the ruling Congress party that created a Frankestein like General Bhindaranwale was responsible for the misguided aspirations. And then of course the plot played out in familiar ways.

The separatists received training across the border and yet the government of the day displayed little patience and understanding as compared to what fundamentalists and separatists of contemporary times seem to enjoy. The recurring argument to counter all this is the horror of the two bodyguards gunning down the Prime Minister to retaliate against the descration of the Golden Temple . But the entire community paid for it with the son of the slain leader egging on the rioters with statements like “When an enormous tree is felled, there are bound to be tremors.” Some secular statesmanship that!
Despite the persecution, the Sikhs have continued to pour into the public and armed services and do their bit towards strengthening the country.

We only need a bit of history to understand and value this community. The first hymn of the Guru Granth Sahib, the revered holy text of the Sikhs, says, “There is one supreme eternal reality; the truth; imminent in all things; creator of all things; immanent in creation. Without fear and without hatred; not subject to time; beyond birth and death; self-revealing. Known by the Guru’s grace.”

The Gurudwaras welcome non Sikhs and members of any religious affiliation or socio economic background to participate in all their ceremonies. Can there be a better testimony to the inclusive nature of this religion and its members?

The paradox is the ninth Guru of the Sikhs, Guru Teg Bahadur Singh lay down his life to protect Hindus from religious persecution in this country and the Hindus turned against the Sikhs a few centuries later. What is not as well known is that during the numerous Hindu-Muslim communal riots this country has witnessed, the Sikhs have very often risked their lives to give shelter and protect their Islamic friends and neighbors. And now the Islamic terrorists are targeting them. A community that evolved to settle differences between two feuding religions now finds itself at the receiving end of the ire from both of them.

The Sikh gurus were mystics. They preached affection and tolerance. The community has internalized it. They are charitable, fun loving and gregarious. They also have one unique quality other Indians don’t have. They can laugh at themselves. Since we Indians are masters of subversion, we have used this commendable quality of theirs against them by evolving a set of jokes in bad taste against them. Little do we know the joke is on the rest of us.

After all what is more heart warming in this country than meeting a young turbaned sardar burdened by his school bag and smiling at you in your child’s bus stop?

pammi pammi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pammi pammi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20March2010 at 9:58am

To my mind people make cartoons of those people who are doing gr8 jobs or big jobs. When some one passes jokes or comments or make a cartoon on a sikh, it proves that Sikhs are doing good & gr8 jobs. Some times some people feel jealous of Sikhs. So far as I know, the Sikh history says that the Sikhs have made v big sacrifices & Guru Gobind Singh is lively example. Sikhs are the most laborious, kind & generous people in the world over. Sikhs are having their own Identity. A sikh can be recognized in a crowd of lacks.

A sikh should not feel embrassed when some idiot cuts a non sense joke on him, cos that joke shows the I.Q level & non sensibility of the person cutting joke. A good joke can be made on any one, but irrespective of his cast or creed.

Regards Pammi

Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20March2010 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by pammi pammi pammi pammi wrote:

To my mind people make cartoons of those people who are doing gr8 jobs or big jobs. When some one passes jokes or comments or make a cartoon on a sikh, it proves that Sikhs are doing good & gr8 jobs. Some times some people feel jealous of Sikhs. So far as I know, the Sikh history says that the Sikhs have made v big sacrifices & Guru Gobind Singh is lively example. Sikhs are the most laborious, kind & generous people in the world over. Sikhs are having their own Identity. A sikh can be recognized in a crowd of lacks.

A sikh should not feel embrassed when some idiot cuts a non sense joke on him, cos that joke shows the I.Q level & non sensibility of the person cutting joke. A good joke can be made on any one, but irrespective of his cast or creed.

Regards Pammi

Pammi Veer ji I totally agree with you that when some one makes jokes on others Or Sikhs it shows their ignorance, their education level and quality of their education. I would even say their upbringing, their family life and their mentality.

These kind of people are not just ignorant they are very insecure of their own abilities and to hide their insecurity they make jokes to feel superior and to feed their own egos.

Sikhs are secure people who are confident and comfortable with themselves that is one off the reason they can smile on these foolish people when they cuts jokes.

Regards

Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

ashpinder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashpinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22March2010 at 5:57am
Originally posted by pammi pammi pammi pammi wrote:

Regards Pammi

very well said pammi ji Clap
what make some people dearer it is not just the happiness thaat u feel when u meet them but it is the pain u feel when u miss them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic