TheLivingTreasure Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Current Affairs > All Current Affairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

jokes on sardars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tajindersingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jokes on sardars
    Posted: 17March2005 at 3:13am

waheguru ji ka khalsa,waheguru ji ki fateh!

aaj jo jokes sardara ute chalde ne oono

kiwen rokya jaye ?

kai sardar veer we usno bade maje le ke padde hun

ki legal action le sakde a eho ji a sites te ?

Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17March2005 at 3:36am

Tajinder veerji, welcome to the LT family. I hope you will have wonderful learning experience here.

Thanks for bringing up Sardar jokes issue for discussion.

Especially the jokes in the Indian movies.

Sat Sari Akal ji

Warm regards

khoji

Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17March2005 at 4:21am

Gur fateh and Welcome to the LT family Tejinder Singh ji....this is really a very sensitive issue and many organizations are doing efforts to stop such mischieves....I think we shld not do it at our own level also, if we participate in such jokes te asi eh cheez nu bharava dende haan ji....I think keval sikhan te hi nahi, kise vi dharam te jokes ban hone chahide han, No one has a right to hurt anyones feelings....hope to hear from you regularly tejinder singh ji....

Regards

�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
Request- This is Everyone's forum, so please participate in it by posting...
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19March2005 at 7:35pm

Every person desires to be treated lovingly and simple kindness can often inspire kindness in return.

Reflect on those who have made you feel most cared for and appreciated and emulate them in your interactions with others.

khoji

Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20March2005 at 3:10pm
 Khoji ji, i share your opinion, if everyone walked a mile in other people's shoes they would stop making jokes about what they call "different" people, its what makes someone different that makes them unique. Wether people show it or not, a joke about a group of people or even blonde jokes, hurts. No one has the right to make jokes on anyone, so its best to ignore these jokes, if they notice you dont care about it, even if it hurts, they stop cause it wont be that interesting anymore. Some people just want to hurt other peoples feelings, if they dont get the impact they want, it soon will be over...
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21March2005 at 1:14am

Rightly said sister....

Regards

�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
Tejbir View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tejbir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26March2005 at 10:01am

an angle, different totally from above discussed, which i used to implement n even thing gr8ly, there was really hard time 4 me to tackle such things initially, but later on things were coooooollllll,

i thik why people mk more jokes on sardars becoz of their CAREFREE HABIT; or we can say THEY DONT MIND, i dont mean that they done have mind at all, this is just a suggestion which i used 2 do n one thing more i would like 2 addd here, is that, start caring 4 others, sharing with others, work 4 them as if u r real friend of them, n even always be ready 2 asist others in any manner u can do....

these r the few things which i used to work on n i think these habits of mine actually improved my environment.... atleast the other people in my circle become sensible, respecting each other.....

I tried these things at my school; college; even in my college days; not onlt tht in my office, during the traning session nd on the job as well, where i worked for 5 months.

if u like this suggestion....u r most welcome to go with it......even u r welcome to give suggestions ...... i may be wrong as well.....

pls respond.....it would really be a gr8 thing for me.... 

and if nothing stucks/suits ur mind then just see at the signature.......i think that will really help u.....all the best dear.....

We can be Happy or WE can be Right!!!

Choice is ours...
Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27March2005 at 3:52am
 I agree with your view Tejbir ji but do you really think that when told a joke about Sardars they dont mind? I think they mind, cause whatever negative things people say about you, it hurts...and worst is it doesn't stop. Sikhs are humble people, thats why they dont show their emotion so openly, hurt or angry, but sitting in silence afterwards, i am sure, the joke is still crossing their minds. If the ones who tell jokes think about how the other person feels, they at that point stopped joking. Its true "dont mind" something or "dont having a mind" are two different things and yes the best remedy is to ignore and keep on doing the good jobs and if they notice you seem not to care, they will eventually stop. Wish everyone opend their eyes and learned to know the person, but only by wishing everything still stays the same... And your signature shows everything we need to know ji
Tejbir View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tejbir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28March2005 at 7:59am

simply gr8 reply selina g,

i m glad for the points u raised, u r absolutely right tht most of the poeple do mind abt d jokes raised on especially sardars.

but what i believe is LIFE IS FOR OTHERS, TO SHARE, TO SACRIFICE ONESELF FOR OTHER, TO ASSIST OTHER IN WHAT EVER WAY U POSSIBLY CAN....

this all is what I think....It is simply possible that this vupoint didnt suit other at all.....the may oppose is in their way as well................But these all virtues I had learned from GURMAT.

If u think i m wrong or distracted then its a request pls suggest me.....

infact the italiced words r the lines of a song i was learning from my music teacher way back......it means always smile in the Life, curb the differences and be one from heart......I think silpmy gr8 message.....

Choice is ours...
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28March2005 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Tejbir Tejbir wrote:

but what i believe is LIFE IS FOR OTHERS, TO SHARE, TO SACRIFICE ONESELF FOR OTHER, TO ASSIST OTHER IN WHAT EVER WAY U POSSIBLY CAN....

......it means always smile in the Life, curb the differences and be one from heart......I think silpmy gr8 message.....

You mean to say if making fun of Sardars bring happiness to others it is OK for them to make fun of Sikhs.

Are you willing to scarify your self-esteem and get pain in your heart but still have a smile on your face for their happiness?

It might be OK in the theory but to practice it will be very hard. Well!  as I understand, most of the Sikhs do tolerates it.

Good thoughts and Gurmat thinking.

warm regards

khoji

Khoji

Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29March2005 at 10:14am
 I agree what you said Khoji ji, in theory it works but not always in practise, you cant keep ignoring such remarks or jokes of people without being hurt deeply. My opinion is that no one has the right to lower a person, no matter what race or religion he/she joins. We all are God's creatures and we have the same rights as everyone else has..
gurukirpa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gurukirpa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31March2005 at 1:11am

Making jokes on other is a kind of ego.....Ego cames when you think you are superior and other is inferior........but my love and respectful guru sahib said ek pita ekkas ke hum barak.....when we are one under one god then what is a sense to look down on others or hurt others and make the others enjoy.....

If you can't see God in all you can't see God at all!!!!!!!!!

Shower love and grown the love seed and see the fruit of love !

Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01April2005 at 5:25am

Well ji i dont say you are wrong and i always look from the positive side of life ji, negativisme isnt a friend of mine. You have complete right,but not anyone is as strong as you are, lot of people suffer because of the remarks on them, not only because they are Sikhs, but because of the person they are. I know we cant change the world and there will be always someone else who start again but what i try to tell is if everyone puts themself in the other persons shoe, this would never happen.

Tejbir View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tejbir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03April2005 at 7:59am

Selina Ji wrote:

if everyone puts themself in the other persons shoe, this would never happen.

absolutely rite selina g, n on regards the whole topic is concerned in real sense it is becoming difficult, as there r some mix replies majority in against of this subject...

infact where is the topic starter ie Tajinder Ji.....

pls Tajinder ji do contribute in this topic infact its really good, though, i dont know where it ll be heading.

tejinder ji pls reply......

Choice is ours...
tajindersingh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tajindersingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08April2005 at 7:14am
Originally posted by tajindersingh tajindersingh wrote:

waheguru ji ka khalsa,waheguru ji ki fateh!

aaj jo jokes sardara ute chalde ne oono

kiwen rokya jaye ?

kai sardar veer we usno bade maje le ke padde hun

ki legal action le sakde a eho ji a sites te ?

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09April2005 at 2:49am

Gur fateh and welcome back veerjeo...thanx for ur kind words, hope u have got answer to ur question...

Regards

harmeetsingh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmeetsingh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11April2005 at 4:29am

Dear freinds

Please note this is not the situation of our community if u watch the Hindi cinema carefully u will notice the same thing happening with every community in minority status ( parsi , sindhi, muslim etc.) so please ignore it & don't let ur self esteem come down we can only ignore.

Thanking u

Harmeet singh

dskohli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dskohli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11April2005 at 7:47am

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATHEH!

BEING A SIKH I TOO HAVE TO FACE SUCH SITUATIONS. I FEEL THE ROOT CAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM LIES IN THE JEALOUSY AND FEAR AMONG THE MAJORITY COMMUNITY WHO IS TEASING.IT IS A MATTER OF GREAT PRIDE TO HAVE BORN IN SIKH COMMUNITY. IT HAS THE MOST SCIENTIFIC, PRUDENT, LOGICAL, AND SIMPLE PRINCIPLES BASED ON EQUALITY. IT BREAKS ALL THE BARRIERS OF SOCIAL INJUSTICES, WHICH IS DONE DUE TO CASTES, CREEDS, SEXS, OR ON ANY OTHER BASIS. IT GAVE THREAT TO THE SECT WHO WAS DOING THE SOCIAL EXPLOITATION IN THE THEN EXISTING RELIGIONS WHEN SIKHISM WAS BORN.

THE PEOPLE WITH VESTED INTERESTS TWIST THE TEACHING OF THE RELIGIONS FOR THEIR PERSONAL ENDS, SO WAS HAPPENING IN INDIA THAT TIME. THE HEIGHTS OF GOODNESS OF SIKHISM COULD BE FELT BY THEM AND TAKEN AS A THREAT. THEY WERE AFRAID OF IT. DEFINALEY, THEY COULD APPREHEND THAT SIKHISM CAN BLOW ALL OF THEIR FALSE AND WRONG FUNDAMENTALS, WHICH IS WHY; THEY STARTED TELLING BAD STORIES, CHARACTERSTICKS ABOUT SIKHS AND STARTED TEASING SIKHS BY TELLING JOKES ABOUT THEM. MOREOVER TIME AND AGAIN SIKHS PROVED THEIR EDGE BY PROSPERING WELL THROUGH THEIR HARD LABOUR, WISDOM AND INTELLIGENCE. WE ARE IN THE TOP LAYER OF THE SOCEITY. THE FEAR AND JEALOULSY DUE TO ABOVE HAS BECOME ROOT CAUSE OF THIS TEASING. 

HUMOUR, JOKES CAN BE GOOD IF THESE ARE BILATERAL AND RECIPROCAL. IF I TELL ONE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR COMMUNITY, I SHOULD BE READY TO HEAR IN RETURN. BUT GENERALLY IT IS NOT THE CASE.

THE PROBLEM, IN MY OPINION, STRATS FROM THE FACT  THAT WE DO NOT KNOW SIKHISM WELL OURSELVES, LEAVE THINKING OF SPREADING AND EDUCATING IT TO OTHERS. A GOOD SIKH CAN ONLY BE THE BEST SYMBOL OF THE RELIGION. TODAY WE FIND THAT LIQOR AND NON-VEG HAS BECOME PART OF OUR IDENTITY. WE OURSELVES DO NOT KNOW SIKHISM WELL. WE DO NOT KNOW WHY WE SHOULD BE PROUD TO BE SIKHS.

COMING TO THE ISSUE, I FEEL THAT THE ISSUE IS VERY DELICATE. WE MUST HANDLE THE SITUATION DEPENDING ON THE CIRCUSTANCES. WHILE WE HAVE TO PROTECT OUR SELF RESPECT, WE HAVE TO LIVE IN THIS SOCIETY, SO WE SHOULD HANDLE DIPLOMATICALLY. AT TIMES ONE CAN  TELL, I DO NOT LIKE SUCH JOKES OR BY TELLING OK! I HAVE ONE FOR YOU TOO. AND TELL ONE JOKE ABOUT HIS RELIGION, THUS, RESPONDING WITH SAME COIN. IN THIS CONTEXT I FEEL, WE MUST ALSO MAKE SUCH JOKES ABOUT THEM, SPREAD AMONG OURSELVES AND KEEP READY IN OUR KITTY. I FEEL THE CONCEPT OF TOO MUCH TOLERANCE IS NOT AS PER SIKHISM. WHILE VOILENCE MAY NOT BE OUR WAY, THE ROOT OF CONVERSION OF SINGH FROM SIKH LIES IN DEFYING THE INJUSTICE.

BHAY KAHOO KO DET NEH, NEH BHAY MANAT AAN

IF FIRST OF ALL, WE OURSELVES KNOW SIKHISM AND THEN IF THE TEACHINGS OF SIKHISM ARE WELL PREACHED AND SPREAD, IT IS BOUND TO IMPRESS ANYONE, WHO IS NOT BIASED, IS OPEN TO HEAR, AND IS GOOD AT HEART, REST, OTHERSIWE ALSO, DO NOT DESERVE GENTLEMANS TREATMENT. WE MUST PROVE THAT WE ARE BETTER. WE MUST CONVEY THAT OUR TOLERANCE IS DUE TO OUR GOODNESS AND SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN OTHERWISE. BUT FIRST OF ALL LETS BE GOOD SIKHS, BY KNOWING SIKHISM OURSLVES FIRST.

DSKOHLI_DDN@YAHOO.COM

sheebbaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheebbaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25April2005 at 10:07am

hello every body

mein na saareiyan they replies and posts read kitey ney and i personally feel that we as a community are very friendly and out going and have very strong personality ....

sardarniyaan sohni ! and the sardars stand out with the turban

saadi kaum aisi hey ..! always ready to help !always smiling !.. always ready to sacrifice!         our community is such that we stand above the world so it is but natural that people will make some funny remarks and some jokes ...

i think we should not take this in bad spirit but very good spirit as we are the chosen ones ..............the chosen ones are those that either suffer like christ (or are very humourous lke khushwant singh )or are victourious like the sikhs

we r reponsible for many a smile in this world and are blessed  so be proud and those in this world who can laugh at themselves can over come mountains and can die smiling !!!!!!

Jo boley so nehal !  sat sri akal

Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25April2005 at 11:20am
 Sheebbaa ji, well explained, you hit the nail on the head. High trees catch a lot of wind they say......so true....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic