TheLivingTreasure Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Feedback | Announcements > Feedback & Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Questions from Sangat attending Seminars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions from Sangat attending Seminars
    Posted: 11 May 2006 at 1:39pm

Gur fateh dear LT family cyber mates. We are starting this thread due to constant requests from our members attending various LT seminars worldwide. This section will include questions asked by the sangat after hearing the seminars which remain unanswered due to lack of time.

We hope all the members worldwide will give their valuable contribution to this important thread.

Here is a question from a lady who attended two days seminar at Patiala.

Can you please clarify that when one attend seminars of reformer like yours and goes back home with a message that:

1. We have to intake the dose of gurbani to keep out souls satisfied.
  2. That we have to adhere to the law/will of god that he is Omni present, everywhere & in everyone.

But in real life we come acrosss people in any form; your mother-in-law; brother; colleague(anybody) whose soul is in the state of emptiness, then that person will constantly fight with you; will try to pull you down.

How are we suppose to confirm ourselves that we should not lose our temper, that we should remain in the law of God’s will?

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 1:03am
This section is very important coz I have seen many people getting disheartened as their questions are not answered during the seminars we do. But its all because of lack of time. So this section will give us a chance to share those questions here and get the answers from our LT family members....LTTeam has given a question from someone from Patiala. I would try to give my views on that.

Dear friend you have grabbed the gist of gurbani doctrine in such a small period of time u heard veerji. i.e.
  1. We have to intake the dose of gurbani to keep out souls satisfied.
  2. That we have to adhere to the law/will of god that he is Omni present, everywhere & in everyone.
Now the thing which is bothering you is how one can control his/her temper when come across a situation where someone tries to let down or hurt. Here we have to work alot on ourselves. Gurbani says- 'NIRVAIR' asi roz pad de haan na Japji sahib ch?
SO we have to learn this Nirvairta vala gunn.

We have to increase our credibility and have to do self-realization that where I m wrong.Gurbani says- Mann tun jyot saroop hai, aapna mool pachaan...
Ik jaga guru sahibaan kende ne- Sant na chade santayee, je kotak milen asant.
We dont have to loose our temper at any cost. Sade mann da chain kise vi keemat te khona nahi chahida. Taan hi te sadi ardas poori hoyegi----Nanak bhagtaan sada vigaas.

I hope this helps you. I would like to request other members to give thier views on this topic please.

Regards
�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
Request- This is Everyone's forum, so please participate in it by posting...
rashmibudhraja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rashmibudhraja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 3:02am

Gur Fateh to All,

yesterday while sitting with family i was little frustrated and the same questions were coming into my mind that on one side we are living in corporate world and in our day to day life meeting several people from different backgrounds and culture and on other side we are listening Gurbani and satsang.  sometimes it becomes really difficult to manage both the WORLDs - Gurbani vich kaya hai - "Farida bure da bhala kar" par asi normal insaan haan - bhala kar vi dayiye taan but the feeling remains like asi thagge gaye hai - we feel like cheated and other person thinks that we are bevkoof - Khoji ji tusi kuch gyan diyo

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 12:49am
Gur fateh dear Rashmi ji and thanx for sharing ur experience on this issue...u r not the only person who feels so...every person who moves on path of truthful living feels the same in initial stages where person tries to elevate himself/herself with wisdom from guru(gurbani) gyan. Dear people will never let u live a peaceful life. Loki changa karo taan nahi jeen dende, bura karo, taan vi nahi jeen dende, so its better ki asi bhala hi kariye jisde naal sanu mental peace te milega, lokaan ne te dupasi jeen nahi dena hai ji...Dear dont feel cheated or hurt from such things. INfact sanu ese lokaan te taras aana chahida hai ki oh guru gyan nahi le paa rahe te jeewan khuwar karde paye han ji...we dont have to hate them. U urself said Gurbani vich kaya hai - "Farida bure da bhala kar" so lets try and live this high state of mind and we will be at peace forever...I hope it helps....

Regards
�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
rashmibudhraja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rashmibudhraja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 12:59am

Thanks Jujhar ji,

fully agreed with your opinion - tayi ta ani umar lang gayi hasde hasde - but sometimes....... i know its part of life where we have to go thru upsides and downsides - we are lucky ki saanu Guru Granth Sahib ji varga pita milya hai - jithe kithe saanu ley chadaye - still v r surviving with chaddiya kala - oh satguru pyara mere naal hai vaali feeling hamesha naal rehndi hai - really life is like both parts of coin - we have the option to choose either go in frustration yaa ona teh taras/bhala kariye.  well said jujhar ji

Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 2:00am

Gur Fateh to everyone,  

Thanks Ji for this topic, i hope this will give us a lot of answers and helps us to create and keep peace of mind. I am sure that after a Seminar one feels relaxed and really in high spirits, i have the same feeling when i read Gurbani, it gives me inner peace. We want to stay forever in this euphoria. I am sure that our family, friends etc... notice this, its a light that shines from within. When we carry this message of truth inside our heart and soul every moment of the day, our light keeps shining and we touch the people in our home and beyond. Our mental stability radiates from our face from deep within our heart, that way we pass the message of enlightenment to others. Its not something we take and put away, its a way of life. To find inner peace first we have to clear our mind and get rid of all the doubts and insecurities and become one with God. We have to accept God as our guide and never lose faith in Him. We can find strength in prayers and not only in moments of despair, but always. This gives us strength to face difficult situations but still at times it wont be easy, its a lifetime job to create that stability within us. We also have to accept that at moments we will fail too, but we don't give up. Giving up is same as losing. With a positive attitude we go a long, long way..... the way we approach people will give us a positive or negative reaction. If people give us a hard time, just answer with a smile, you will see its effect, i know, its not easy, but worth trying.

Sat Sri Akal,

Selina 

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 2:32am
THanx alot Selina ji for such a great explanation...i think u have given the most appropriate answer needed to clear this question. Keep it up dear....

Rashmi ji I m glad ki tuhanu mera jawab kujh click kita ji...

Take care and be in chardi kala(High Spirits) always...

Regards

Gurbachan Singh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gurbachan Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 3:22am

Rashmi Ji, I hope Jujhaar ji's reply and Selina ji's post has clarified your querry in a most befitting manner.I just want to add that if we just see usdi rehmat taan saanu koi vi cheez diga nahi sakegi. Just recite this shabad.

rwmklI mhlw 5 ]

iesu pwnI qy ijin qU GirAw ] mwtI kw ly dyhurw kirAw ]

aukiq joiq lY suriq prIiKAw ] mwq grB mih ijin qU rwiKAw ]1]

rwKnhwru smHwir jnw ] sgly Coif bIcwr mnw ]1] rhwau ]

ijin dIey quDu bwp mhqwrI ] ijin dIey BRwq puq hwrI ]

ijin dIey quDu binqw Aru mIqw ] iqsu Twkur kau riK lyh ucIqw]2]

ijin dIAw quDu pvnu Amolw ] ijin dIAw quDu nIru inrmolw ]

ijin dIAw quDu pwvku blnw ] iqsu Twkur kI rhu mn srnw ]3]

CqIh AMimRq ijin Bojn dIey ] AMqir Qwn Thrwvn kau kIey ]

bsuDw dIE brqin blnw ] iqsu Twkur ky iciq rKu crnw ]4]

{pMnw 913}

pscal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pscal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 3:35am

Thank you LT team for starting this topic. As lot of people feel disappointed when their questions are left unanswered due to paucity of time at seminars.

The question is very valid one and comes into mind of most of the people.

Selina ji�s post is very elaborate. I agree with the points mentioned therein.

I hope the lady in Patiala is able to read all the posts. Or is it possible to notify her.

Gurbani says: (Page 1299)

naa ko bairee nahee bigaanaa sagal sang ham ka-o ban aa-ee. ||1||
No one is my enemy, and no one is a stranger. I get along with everyone. ||1||

My aim should be to go near this kind of mental state.

If I am enlightened I will be like a glowing candle in dark room. I shall be able to give to other candles which are otherwise still to get light. I will not feel bad if they are not good to me. Once the darkness is dispelled they will be nice towards others.

Others around me may not be able to under stand my state of mind. But I should be able to understand their�s. I should be tolerant to them. They will certainly return my kindness to them. It may take some time. I understand it becomes very difficult when others particularly in family are not able to reciprocate. But results can be seen soon if we continue to behave as told in Gurbani.

sabh meh rav rahi-aa parabh aikai paykh paykh naanak bigsaa-ee. ||3||8||
The One God is pervading in all. Gazing upon Him, beholding Him, Nanak blossoms forth in happiness. ||3||8||   (Page 1299)

I am trying to go near this state. Still a along way to go. But the vision of destination is clear.

I hope my views not too much wrong. Gurfateh.

Edited by pscal
gskalsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gskalsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 4:49am

Gur Fateh to all,

“Janam Janam ki is man ko mal lagi kala hoa siah”, we are generally governed by kaam, krodh, lobh moh and ahankar in this world, which is prevailing everywhere. Generally we do not have control over them. If a person listens to the Gurbani deeply, it hurts the inner mind and got him/her awakened and he/she tries to get rid of these “five thieves” looting us.  Overpowering these “five thieves” is not an easy task but the “Amrit” of gurbani when pours in our hearts, slowly discard these “five thieves”.  This is a continuous process and if someone tries to get rid off these at once, cannot do it, as bad deeds out of these ‘five thieves’ have became our routine habits.   Even if we try our utmost best, we got annoyed some time, sometimes ego comes in a way etc. etc. In order to get rid of these bad habits and find solutions to these problems and improve our way of living, we generally listen to Katha/Kirtan, read gurbani or attend gurbani seminars etc. to learn to evict bad things from our minds and implement/follow the way gurbani is teaching to us.  When we attend such katha/kirtan, read gurbani or attend gurbani seminars, we gain some knowledge (gyan) which either we were not aware of it and if we were aware of but we were taking it lightly, the intake of the dose of gurbani keep souls our satisfied for the time being, but it depends on how deeply we have listened and implemented. Such programmes/seminars encourages us for doing good deeds and we from within ourselves try to adhere it to in our day to day life.  We also want to share this Gyan (knowledge) with others who are deprieved of it due to one reason or other so that they may also improve themselves but occasionally, we got hurt, or sometime aggravated/annoyed if inspite of our best efforts the other person does not care or make a fun of us.  Here, it is required that we may not get annoyed/aggravated but to have keep patience,pity on him her, try to ignore if any ‘bitter words’ spoken by the other person and pray to God to give him good state of mind as we have to adhere to the law/will of god that he is Omni present, everywhere & in everyone. As and when he will get awakened he/she may try to change in such a way.  Moreover, we shall not say that the soul of other person is in the state of emptiness.  We shall have to Namarta/Garibi in our minds.  We may have to content with this that this is as per God’s will and do not lose our temper and remain in the law of God's will even if the other person will constantly fight with us; or try to pull us down.

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 5:19am
Thanx alot Gurbachan ji, Parminder singh ji and Gurcharan singh ji for ur kind contribtution...

Regards
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 3:15am

Thank you LT family for all the wonderful suggestions and contributions. I agree with selina ji that when we have peace of mind we will spread that peace around us. It will give us strength to over look discouraging reactions of the people. With harmony and tranquility in our heart and mind we will not react negatively to any unconstructive responses from people.

I understand that in real life it is very hard but when we have control over our emotions and we do not react adversely to any actions of our dear and near ones and  they will not have any ground to go on with their hurtful behaviors. As Jujhar ji said we have to work a lot on ourselves.

I know it is very hard not to lose temper. What I have learnt from my experience is that you leave that location and walk-out. Go for a walk, go to another part of the house, go to a friend’s house, go to gurudawara or read Gurubani. For lighter side go for shopping, when life gets tough, tough goes shopping. ( even though I have been staying out of shopping centers)

Rashmi ji, Guru Nanak ji lived a life of a householders. He worked for his living and kept Waheguru in his heart and mind. Life was simple at that time. I am sure it was not easy to keep mind's concentration even then. Now we live in this web or jungle of modernization. It is suppose to make our life easy but we are more and more entangled in the materialization and getting farther and farther from our spiritual life. We have to make much harder effort to be in command of our thoughts. We have to do what is right or what we think is right. Our conscious is clear even If someone cheat us. We do not have to bring ourselves to a cheat’s level. Guru Nanak ji said at the end Japji Sahib... Salok 

cMigAweIAw buirAweIAw vwcY Drmu hdUir ]

cha(n)giaaeeaa buriaaeeaa vaachai dhharam hadhoor ||

Good deeds and bad deeds-the record is read out in the Presence of the Lord of Dharma.

krmI Awpo AwpxI ky nyVY ky dUir ]

karamee aapo aapanee kae naerrai kae dhoor ||

According to their own actions, some are drawn closer, and some are driven farther away.

This is my understanding Please let me know if I made any mistake and forgive me for that please.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji Ki fateh.

Edited by Khoji
Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 4:58am
THanx alot khoji ji for ur precious views on this topic....these posts from all our members will help us to have a watch on our actions...

Regards
ANGEL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANGEL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 5:15am

fateh to all

thanks to all the members for their precoius views as these thoughts are very helpful to many persons in many ways.

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 5:21am
We are glad tht thougts from our members  are of any kind of help to u angel ji ALways be in chardi kala and keep smiling always

Regards
sethips1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sethips1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2006 at 6:51am

Having gone through the above messages, I would like to quote one 'sage counsel' which I read somewhere and found relevant to reproduce the same while the subject matter is being debated :

"This world is full of dualities.  If there is happiness in this world, then there is also pain and suffering.  If there is joy, there is also sorrow.  The co-existence of such dualities is a natural phenomenon in our life and world.

But life is also subject to constant change.  Hence no situation remains permanent; it has got to change.  Painful situations may prevail for a longer duration but they cannot always remain so, forever.

In such conditions, only people who have the light of wisdom(vivek) in their life can bear the vagaries of these dualities.  Wise people bear dualities sportingly while others do so grudgingly.  In fact, these dualities have no effect on true wisdom.  Only when one gains true knowledge and awakens into divine consciousness does one realise that this world is an abode of misery.  Being freed from this world and getting enjoined with God alone is and should be the purpose of life."

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2006 at 7:18am
Thanks Sethips ji
Narinder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Narinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:42am

The Seminar held on 20th August at Kamani Auditorium was mind awakening.

We have been attending the seminars of Veerji for the last few years but every time, we are surprised to see his click of mind and his wonderful and practical ways of teaching.  This is the need of the hour that ill and evil misunderstandings are out from the society.

Always best of luck.

Narinder 

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 7:08am
Thanks for the nice feedback Narinder ji...

Regards
Naman Deep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naman Deep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 1:39am
Vaha guru ji ka khalsa
Vaha guru ji ki fatah,

I would like to thank "THE LIVING TREASURE" family for giving us clear/good notion about the GOD.

I attended the seminar on 20.08.06 at KAMANI AUDITORIOUM. Where VEER ji discussed about GOD. where does GOD live, How can we come near to GOD etc.

I discussed about this with one of my friend on next day.

HE asked me one question that how can we see GOD first and then we understand/believ/have his presence within us more easily.

Dear VEER JI he asked this question to me that day. He told me about his one of guru ji Shri Ashutosh Ji Maharaj Who is showing god at the first day. He told me that you can see god within yourself on first day and after that you strat beliving that god is in whithen you. Please visit- http://www.divyajyoti.org/. And sugest me as soon as possible.

Regards

NAMAN DEEP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic