TheLivingTreasure Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Current Affairs > All Current Affairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who is our TRUE Friend ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swaran Singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who is our TRUE Friend ?
    Posted: 23April2007 at 6:38am

Today Monday - Shabad Vichar Class

Program Title :
Who is our TRUE Friend (based on SGGS)

Place :
Gurd. Sri Guru Singh Sabha (Pahari Wala)
Greter Kailash - I
ND-48.

Time :
Evening 8:15pm to 9:15pm

Everyone Invited. Be on time & invite others.

For any further query, please call : 9313106259

Dhanvaad.

Swaran Singh

khalsaputtofma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khalsaputtofma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11May2007 at 9:22am

A person that will stand by you through thick and thin no matter what happens, someone who is always there to help no matter what. A person who will put you before themselves, that really cares for your well being. That's a true friend. Person who does not tell lies or spread gossip about you. a person you can trust with your life. This sort of person is very rear and very hard to find but once you know such a person you have to give exactly what they give you in return. I hope this has anwerd your question

pammi pammi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pammi pammi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12May2007 at 2:32am

Sacha Dost

(Real Friend)

Sacha dost hai ohi, jehdda davey burey waqt vich saath

(A true friend is that who always accompanies in bad times)

Jehdda  museebat her vich, fadde hamaara hath

(who hold our hands in difficult times)

Jehdda kubb tey saadde maare latt, tey karey pyaar naal baat

(he, who kicks us on our back when we r wrong)

Miley  O beshaq kadie-kadie, per mil k galey karey mulaakaat

(no problem if he meets casually, but, whenever he meets, meet with hugs)

Shabad guru hai saada dost, saade guruvaan de saughaat

(shabad guru is our real friend, is our gurus blessings)

Gal karey sada he sach de, rakhe door jaat aur paat

(always talks of the truth & keeps us away from caste & creed)

Simran kariye sach da asi, savere, dapehar, shaam ya raat

(we should always recite truly in the morning, noon, evening or at night)

Simran matlab seva manukhta de, lisse da daiye har pal saath

(recitation means the service to the man kind, to always hold hands of the innocent & needy)

Regards

S Pammi

Narinder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Narinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14May2007 at 7:36am

God is supreme lord of this world and He acts as per His Will which is Divine. No doubt what he does is good for mankind, for welfare of humanity.  God always gives us happiness . Sorrows and difficulties are created by ourselves, but, unfortunately, we understand it quite late when it is too late and things are .............

No doubt, we should take a firm view that God is our true friend, the one and only.

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15May2007 at 5:09am
SO True...
�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
Request- This is Everyone's forum, so please participate in it by posting...
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16May2007 at 3:19am

There's a miracle called Friendship That dwells in the heart You don't know how it happens Or when it gets started But you know the special lift It always brings And you realize that Friendship Is God's most precious gift!

Friends are a very rare jewel, indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed They lend an ear, they share a word of praise, and they always want to open their hearts to us.

Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17May2007 at 2:49am
Thanks khoji ji
�.���`�."Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it"�.���`�.�
Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17May2007 at 6:49pm

My Understanding or what I have learned in my life on this earth that there is only one true friend. You can call him/her with any name or you can make a name or you could use names used by millions of people. I find my true friend is

Waheguru.

Waheguru is with me when I am sad or glad. Waheguru is with me when I am awake or in deep sleep. Many have come in my life and called themselves best Friend but left one day. Guru Nanak wrote

Tu mera pita to hi mera Mata tu mera bhandhk tu mera bhrata.

माझ महला ५ ॥
Mājẖ mehlā 5.
Maajh, Fifth Mehl:

ਤੂੰ ਮੇਰਾ ਪਿਤਾ ਤੂੰਹੈ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਾਤਾ
तूं मेरा पिता तूंहै मेरा माता ॥
Ŧūʼn mėrā piṯā ṯūʼnhai mėrā māṯā.
You are my Father, and You are my Mother.

ਤੂੰ ਮੇਰਾ ਬੰਧਪੁ ਤੂੰ ਮੇਰਾ ਭ੍ਰਾਤਾ
तूं मेरा बंधपु तूं मेरा भ्राता ॥
Ŧūʼn mėrā banḏẖap ṯūʼn mėrā bẖarāṯā.
You are my Relative, and You are my Brother.

ਤੂੰ ਮੇਰਾ ਰਾਖਾ ਸਭਨੀ ਥਾਈ ਤਾ ਭਉ ਕੇਹਾ ਕਾੜਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥
तूं मेरा राखा सभनी थाई ता भउ केहा काड़ा जीउ ॥१॥
Ŧūʼn mėrā rākẖā sabẖnī thā­ī ṯā bẖa­o kėhā kāṛā jī­o. ||1||
You are my Protector everywhere; why should I feel any fear or anxiety? ||1||

ਤੁਮਰੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਤੇ ਤੁਧੁ ਪਛਾਣਾ
तुमरी क्रिपा ते तुधु पछाणा ॥
Ŧumrī kirpā ṯė ṯuḏẖ pacẖẖāṇā.
By Your Grace, I recognize You.

ਤੂੰ ਮੇਰੀ ਓਟ ਤੂੰਹੈ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਾਣਾ
तूं मेरी ओट तूंहै मेरा माणा ॥
Ŧūʼn mėrī ot ṯūʼnhai mėrā māṇā.
You are my Shelter, and You are my Honor.

ਤੁਝ ਬਿਨੁ ਦੂਜਾ ਅਵਰੁ ਕੋਈ ਸਭੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਖੇਲੁ ਅਖਾੜਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੨॥
तुझ बिनु दूजा अवरु न कोई सभु तेरा खेलु अखाड़ा जीउ ॥२॥
Ŧujẖ bin ḏūjā avar na ko­ī sabẖ ṯėrā kẖėl akẖāṛā jī­o. ||2||
Without You, there is no other; the entire Universe is the Arena of Your Play. ||2||

ਜੀਅ ਜੰਤ ਸਭਿ ਤੁਧੁ ਉਪਾਏ
जीअ जंत सभि तुधु उपाए ॥
Jī­a janṯ sabẖ ṯuḏẖ upā­ė.
You have created all beings and creatures.

ਜਿਤੁ ਜਿਤੁ ਭਾਣਾ ਤਿਤੁ ਤਿਤੁ ਲਾਏ
जितु जितु भाणा तितु तितु लाए ॥
Jiṯ jiṯ bẖāṇā ṯiṯ ṯiṯ lā­ė.
As it pleases You, You assign tasks to one and all.

ਸਭ ਕਿਛੁ ਕੀਤਾ ਤੇਰਾ ਹੋਵੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਕਿਛੁ ਅਸਾੜਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥
सभ किछु कीता तेरा होवै नाही किछु असाड़ा जीउ ॥३॥
Sabẖ kicẖẖ kīṯā ṯėrā hovai nāhī kicẖẖ asāṛā jī­o. ||3||
All things are Your Doing; we can do nothing ourselves. ||3||

ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇ ਮਹਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ
नामु धिआइ महा सुखु पाइआ ॥
Nām ḏẖi­ā­ė mahā sukẖ pā­i­ā.
Meditating on the Naam, I have found great peace.

ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਇ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਸੀਤਲਾਇਆ
हरि गुण गाइ मेरा मनु सीतलाइआ ॥
Har guṇ gā­ė mėrā man sīṯlā­i­ā.
Singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, my mind is cooled and soothed.

ਗੁਰਿ ਪੂਰੈ ਵਜੀ ਵਾਧਾਈ ਨਾਨਕ ਜਿਤਾ ਬਿਖਾੜਾ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥੨੪॥੩੧ 05;
गुरि पूरै वजी वाधाई नानक जिता बिखाड़ा जीउ ॥४॥२४॥३१ 05;
Gur pūrai vajī vāḏẖā­ī Nānak jiṯā bikẖāṛā jī­o. ||4||24||31||
Through the Perfect Guru, congratulations are pouring in-Nanak is victorious on the arduous battlefield of life! ||4||24||31||

Life is short, energy limited, with this limited energy we have to find the unlimited; with this short life we have to find the eternal. Don?t waste it with unimportant matters

Khoji

sarneet kaur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarneet kaur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18May2007 at 11:35am

"Good friends are hard to find, harder to leave and impossible to forgot." True friends are those who are always there when we need them. Those who never back-bite us. Those who even kick us when we are wrong and tell us the right thing.Those who never leave us alone in the mids of life ...who never do bad for us .....in last i just wanna say that only GOD is our true friend  ...he never thing bad for us what he do is always right but sometime we take so much of time to understand this thing ....but when we understand him its too late ...believe in GOD what he do is always right .....what ever is happening in your life plz try to take it in  positive sense ..he is always there for you..

Khoji View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khoji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18May2007 at 6:52pm

If nobody smiled and nobody cared

and nobody helped us along.

If every moment looked after itself and

good things always went to the strong;

If nobody cared just a little about you

and nobody cared about me,

and we stood alone, in the battle of life,

What a sad old world this would be.

Life is sweet, 'cuz of friends we have made

and the things that we choose to share.

We want to live on, enjoying ourselves,

and enjoying the people who care.

<>

Khoji

Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21May2007 at 12:53pm

Khoji ji, welcomeeeeeeee back, happy to see u here again.... thanks for spreading the love....

With Love,

Selina

gitika kaur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gitika kaur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11June2007 at 1:27pm

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

in this world its rare chance to find a true friend and in asa di vaar we read "KIS NAAL KICHEY DOSTI SAB JAB CHALANHAR" only supreme lord is our true friend but people dnt want to understand this real  truth . its only my views

i am a learner please guide me

thankz nd regards

gitika kaur khalsa

gee_dee_singh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gee_dee_singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15June2007 at 2:13pm

FRIENDSHIP IS ETERNAL

One of the favourite themes of literature, ancient and modern, is friendship. In  Greek history  we  have the  friendship of  Epaminondas and Pelopidas who  locked their shields and  fought the enemies. Then pelopidas  fell   upon  a  heap  of  dead  soldiers,  bleeding  profusely. Epaminondas  thought  he  was dead, and resolved to die rather than leave  the  body   of   his  friend   to  be  trampled underfoot  by  the enemy.Badly wounded himself, he fought on until help came, and both were saved. They were  later made the generals of the Theban army, of  equal  authority,  and  there  was  not a  speak of envy or rivalry between them to mar ther phenomenal friendship. 

Friendship is so beautiful when pure and  noble, That the world has cherished the record of its mos famous examples. Cicero wrote a masterly essay on it, and also other writers have seen it a sanctuary for the troubled human spirit.

Friendship is a very ancient thing, and yet modern. It has been sung  about from  time  immemorial, but its freshness never seems to become stale. Even today people cherish stories of friendship. That is because friendship is such a noble gift of the human spirit.

Riya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07May2009 at 3:15am
Friend- Lot of definitions are there for friend.According to me,  friend is the one who care &  who share.He will take you to the shelter from the scorching sun and heavy downpour.
He will comfort you and advise you timely. He will nullify your sorrow and laugh with you in your happy days.
He will be there with you in your path where solitude make darkness.
He will wait at the path which you had gone through for you to return.
Friend is the one who will be there in every moment of your life.
gurbachan2007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gurbachan2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07May2009 at 9:06pm
Our true friend is GOD
pammi pammi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pammi pammi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08May2009 at 8:43am

A true friend is that who kicks us on our back when v r wrong

he is of course a true friend who tries to convert our wrongs into right by giving us the true knowledge

he is definitely a true friend of our's who don't praise us when v r wrong

yesssss!!!!he is our true friend who practically helps us & not by giving mere advise

rgds
Pammi

Edited by pammi pammi - 08May2009 at 8:44am
Pure Soul View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pure Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09May2009 at 3:10pm

Smile U r so right Pammi Ji, and we also allow a true friend to do so coz we know he/she wants the best for us. We give them the right to point out our mistakes and we accept.

We trust them without doubt and help eachother grow and evolve into responsible people.

Yesssss, we also kick their back, like they kick ours... lol... and then i say, i wont ever talk to u again Tongue, until few minutes later, everything is forgiven and forgotten and our belly hurts from laughing... Thats the spirit of a true friend... 

Keep smiling... Smile
Jujhar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11May2009 at 2:31am
I have a query, what if your friend is going wrong and ignoring things and u r trying to convince him, that watever he is heading towards is taking him to living hell but he is not ready to listen, what one should do???
Ur Frnd - Jaspreet View Drop Down
Rapid Poster
Rapid Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ur Frnd - Jaspreet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12May2009 at 1:37am
Great question jujhar veer.

I can share what I do,

1. I try to get him into confidence and ask him for a time to meet him alone. Its important that if ur frnd is taking a decision which will put him in wrong direction then prefer to sit with him and talk personally.

2. We all listen to the one who possess one of the 2 qualities
    - whom we respect and love
    - whom we think, he must have a solution beneficial for me. Ex, advice of ur doctor, charter accountant, banker, etc.

Take time to develop first quality by being passient and polite. Even children at home take time to follow directions :-)

3. This is most important. Since ur frnd is wrong and ignoring things that means he views some other set of things as right and observing those things. That is his mind is busy in processing other information. So sit with your frnd and get your frnd talking by asking him questions.
This I call, "Punchure the next person". When he has said all that he has then only he will feel that you have enough info and you are eligible to speak something.
This will help you also find out a key issue why is he doing something.

Everybody has 2 reasons for doing something : the reason which looks good and the real reason. For real reason, ask, "Why are you doing this?" and after listening ask, " In addition to that, is their any other reason..."

Once real reason is identified then you can offer different solutions and pin point why his current decision is wrong.

IMPORTANT: Directly saying that your frnd is wrong will arouse his ego and close his listening, so be careful. Before giving your mouth prefer to give your ear. Otherwise he will think, " You are saying this and that because you do not know this and that" But after giving him an opportunity he will know that you have all the facts and figures and he will feel comfortable listening to you.

This is what I do and get 100% results. You can also try it.

All the best Jujhar veer and do share with us in the forum how the conversation went
urvinder singh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urvinder singh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12May2009 at 10:15am
Nice Sharing Jassi veer Ji.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic